Re: Infinite data center searching titanfall 2

by BananaTrench

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Infinite data center searching titanfall 2

★★ Novice

ight so i got a new laptop a lenovo flex 5 (14 inch) and i tried downloading titanfall 2 and it wont connected to data centers,i've tried disabling hidden network cards and other ones. I've also let my firewall and my wifi router allow origin and titanfall 2 to pass through, I've also turned off my anti-virus and it has not worked. Is there anyway to fix it? I can also play apex legends on my laptop. Thanks!

Message 1 of 36 (20,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@BananaTrench 

Were you able to try what Maokei suggested above? 

@Maokei wrote:

I solved my issues by applying an environment variable as described here: https://www.pubg.com/en-us/intel-ice-lake-cpu-crash-workaround/

Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value: ~0x200000200000000

If not, can you give this a shot and see if it helps in your case as well? 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 17 of 36 (33,643 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @BananaTrench

There are some other steps we can try which might help out with this. First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website to see how that goes. 

If you're still running into the same issues after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 36 (20,615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I have the same problem with the same model of computer. I also tried all the things banana tried above plus the fixes suggested in the "PC- specific steps" and none of them have worked so far.
Message 3 of 36 (20,590 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i still haven't been able to connect to titanfall 2 after troubleshooting and trying what the links said to do.

Message 4 of 36 (20,549 Views)

Community Manager

@BananaTrench 

Thanks for giving it a shot. What happens if you try setting a different DNS in Windows? Do you still run into the same issue? I've seen some cases where changing the DNS can help with issues like this. 

You can update the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more details on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can then enter a DNS of your choice. I usually go with the public Google DNS (Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after you've been able to give that a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 36 (20,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

I continue to have the same problems even after changing my DNS

Message 6 of 36 (20,519 Views)

Community Manager

@CubicNewt 

I appreciate you giving it a shot. What happens if you set up your PC to start up in a Clean Boot before launching Titanfall 2? If there's anything else running on the PC that might be blocking Titanfall 2 a Clean Boot may help get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 36 (20,505 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already have tried a clean boot, and i think i forgot to mention using a vpn does not work either

Message 8 of 36 (20,494 Views)

Community Manager

@BananaTrench 

Are you running the game through Origin, or are you using Steam? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 36 (20,486 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Opening it through Origin takes me directly to the game but trying to open it with Steam will open Origin in the background before opening the game properly. It looks like Steam is just using Origin to open the game instead of just opening it directly. Trying to just run the game from the desktop short cut will also open Origin. All ways of opening still have the same problem connecting to multiplayer.
Message 10 of 36 (20,432 Views)