Hotkey Binding Issue

by razvan3uron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hotkey Binding Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug After a crash I lost the key binding settings so I had to reset to defaults. After that most key binds are back but the "Change load-out " just before battle in Multiplayer starts (before drop-ship or whatever) is unbound. There is no key bind setting under Settings > Controls > Key Bindings for this particular key.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure in which exact conditions the crash occurred, for me probably the video settings where too high and caused the game to crash after the first campaign clip just before the training, so I had to restart PC a few times until I got the right video settings.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, I just cannot change the load-out if the game mode has more rounds or I just change my mind and want to play with another pilot / titan.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a key bound obviously.. or at least the option under Settings > Controls > Key Bindings so I can bind it.

I found the key config file under C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local .. settings.cfg however there is no placeholder for the key there neither so I canot bind from there .. 

Message 1 of 6 (2,551 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hotkey Binding Issue

Community Manager

@razvan3uron Hi. Can you you try deleting the file in question, the start the game up again?

It should create a new file from a default template, hopefully that will work fully again. 

As ever for deleting files, be sure to make a backup just in case, but I don't foresee any major issues. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,668 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @razvan3uron 

Have you tried to Repair the game in Origin client? Reinstall it?

Archi.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Yes..no result 

Message 3 of 6 (2,534 Views)

Community Manager

@razvan3uron Hi. Can you you try deleting the file in question, the start the game up again?

It should create a new file from a default template, hopefully that will work fully again. 

As ever for deleting files, be sure to make a backup just in case, but I don't foresee any major issues. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i dont have that file

Message 5 of 6 (2,041 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (1,850 Views)