Re: Game does not launch when clicking Play

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game does not launch when clicking Play

★ Novice

So I bought Titian fall 2 this past Cyber Monday. It was opening and playing perfectly fine until 2 days ago when it stopped opening. I have reinstalled origin twice, and Titianfall 2 three times. Other origin games play fine but this one does not. I am running windows 10 with a nvdia 950m (2gb). yes, it is a laptop. What else can I do to fix this issue? 

Message 1 of 7 (961 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 There is software out there can can sometimes get a game running after bypassing restrictions, but it may be unsafe/unstable. 

Were you running any software related to CPU activity that you've since disabled? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (864 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 Hi, did anything change on your system after it last worked? Were there any updates or hardware changes?

Can you try a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

You may also want to post your dxdiag details: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (910 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing changed in my computer settings. I have been reading different forums and they were saying Titanfall 2 was made for a 4 core computer not a 2. Is that true?

Message 3 of 7 (900 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Madkatz6, the minimum requirements for the game are asking for a minimum a quad-core system. 

Minimum
CPU: Intel Core i3-6300t or equivalent [4 or more hardware threads]
RAM: 8GB
HDD Free Space: 45GB
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11
Internet Connection: 512Kbps or faster

What kind of processor are you using? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 7 (878 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I missed that. The game was playing on my two core i7-5500, 8gbs of ram, and a 950m. 

So my question is why did it work for about a week on my 2 core PC but it doesn't anymore? 

Message 5 of 7 (872 Views)

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 There is software out there can can sometimes get a game running after bypassing restrictions, but it may be unsafe/unstable. 

Were you running any software related to CPU activity that you've since disabled? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (865 Views)

★ Novice

I have looked into this software. Most of the downloads I have found have had viruses/extra junk built into it. I am not running any new software that is CPU related. I am generally pretty puzzled to why it was working and then decided not to work. IF you have any fixes I would appreciate them!

Message 7 of 7 (857 Views)