Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Game does not launch when clicking Play

by Madkatz6

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game does not launch when clicking Play

★★★★ Novice

So I bought Titian fall 2 this past Cyber Monday. It was opening and playing perfectly fine until 2 days ago when it stopped opening. I have reinstalled origin twice, and Titianfall 2 three times. Other origin games play fine but this one does not. I am running windows 10 with a nvdia 950m (2gb). yes, it is a laptop. What else can I do to fix this issue? 

Message 1 of 7 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game does not launch when clicking Play

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 There is software out there can can sometimes get a game running after bypassing restrictions, but it may be unsafe/unstable. 

Were you running any software related to CPU activity that you've since disabled? 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (309 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 Hi, did anything change on your system after it last worked? Were there any updates or hardware changes?

Can you try a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

You may also want to post your dxdiag details: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 7 (355 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nothing changed in my computer settings. I have been reading different forums and they were saying Titanfall 2 was made for a 4 core computer not a 2. Is that true?

Message 3 of 7 (345 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Madkatz6, the minimum requirements for the game are asking for a minimum a quad-core system. 

Minimum
CPU: Intel Core i3-6300t or equivalent [4 or more hardware threads]
RAM: 8GB
HDD Free Space: 45GB
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11
Internet Connection: 512Kbps or faster

What kind of processor are you using? 

/Atic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 7 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I missed that. The game was playing on my two core i7-5500, 8gbs of ram, and a 950m. 

So my question is why did it work for about a week on my 2 core PC but it doesn't anymore? 

Message 5 of 7 (317 Views)

Community Manager

@Madkatz6 There is software out there can can sometimes get a game running after bypassing restrictions, but it may be unsafe/unstable. 

Were you running any software related to CPU activity that you've since disabled? 

Message 6 of 7 (310 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have looked into this software. Most of the downloads I have found have had viruses/extra junk built into it. I am not running any new software that is CPU related. I am generally pretty puzzled to why it was working and then decided not to work. IF you have any fixes I would appreciate them!

Message 7 of 7 (302 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help