Re: Game crashed after killing Kane on PS4 latest update.

by Axs5183Sxa2462

Original Post

Game crashed after killing Kane on PS4 latest update.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Program crash on the next level loading after killing Kane on single player mode with latest software and game update.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just kill Kane and grab his helmet and after that it should load into the next level, but application crashed right there.
What happens when the bug occurs? crashed, forced to report and force to close application.
What do you expect to see? load next mission.

As in summary, game crash in loading the next level.

Message 1 of 6 (1,284 Views)

Community Manager

@Axs5183Sxa2462 Hi, thanks for the detailed post. I fear that a reinstall of the game may be necessary, but there's something else I'd like to try first, can you launch the game from the mission select menu rather than choosing to continue from the main menu? It'll require you to re-do some of Kane's level but hopefully it should prevent this issue from appearing after you take him out again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well, I've attempted deleting the game and reinstalling and still have the same issue. After defeating Kane and taking his helmet you get to the loading screen for the next mission and it then crashes. On restarting the game you are back at the beginning of the Kane fight.

Message 3 of 6 (1,136 Views)

Community Manager

@a67fastback It does seem to be a particular standout part for issues. Can I check if you've tried the step above of loading in from the MIssion Select menu?

I wonder as well can you make sure that you don't have any other games suspended, or aren't running any other apps on the system, in case this is a factor?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any solution for this? 

Message 5 of 6 (889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked after a system reboot, and then it happens again in later chapters, also reboot seems to work. Sound like a memory issue.

Message 6 of 6 (879 Views)