Re: Game Setting Reset to Default when Reopen Game

by EA_David

Original Post

Game Setting Reset to Default when Reopen Game

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Every time I close the game and reopen it, all my game setting would reset to default. Despite I pressed Apply every time after I made changes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know, this has been happening after I install the game
What happens when the bug occurs? For example, I changed my mouse sensitivity to 1.3 on both, and movement to auto-sprint both pilot and titan. When I close the game and reopen it, my mouse sensitivity would go back to 5, and movement would be back to hold to sprint. The problem includes: Sensitivity Sprint method FOV keybinding
What do you expect to see? Anything that fixes this. I tried reinstalling the game but didn't work.

As the title suggests, Every time I close the game and reopen it, all my game setting would reset to default. Despite I tried to reinstall the game

The problem includes:
Sensitivity
Sprint method
FOV
Keybinding

It is quite annoying having to spend 2 minutes setting up the game before playing it, every time.

Message 1 of 8 (4,432 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Lemonsity Hi, can you try deleting your old settings file then see if anything changes. 

Go to C:\\Users\(username)\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall 2\local then delete the "settings" file you see here. 

It should be recreated from a default template when you start back up. You can then try to change the settings again and hopefully the changes will stick now. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly it didn't work.

I found something weird

When you first enter multiplayer, there is a textbox tell you that the game provides you with a small amount of credit, that textbox seems to appear everytime I relaunch the game

Message 3 of 8 (4,407 Views)

Community Manager

@Lemonsity Thanks. It sounds like the base cause is similar alright, basically the local settings files that track progress aren't being written to correctly, so the game doesn't know that you've seen this box already.

The next step is a little more drastic, but hopefully it helps. Close the game, then go back to the Documents > Titanfall 2 folder that has all your settings.

Grab every folder here and copy them to a backup elsewhere. You shouldn't have any problems with this, but there's no harm in backing up just in case.

Now delete everything here. 

Now please start the game in administrator mode, right-click the game icon (or the game's .exe file in its main folder) and choose to Run as administrator. 

Make the changes you want, then try restarting the game and see if anything changes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly, it didn't work.

Also, I cannot find the titanfall2.exe file

Message 5 of 8 (4,391 Views)

Community Manager

You'll find the Titanfall2.exe within your actual game install folder, as opposed to the documents folder referenced above. It's C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall 2 by default, but many folks use a custom location. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (4,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am also having this issue. I recently installed the game with the steam summer sale, and my mouse sensitivity changes, and windowed/fullscreen video setting resets every time the game is launched. I tried the steps described, but they did not resolve this issue. Is there a known fix?

Message 7 of 8 (2,394 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_David I have the same problem. and also I can't found the titanfall2 folder in the Documents folder. please help.thanks

Message 8 of 8 (1,930 Views)