Re: Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

by Ybarraplz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hi kent, I have been experiencing the same problems as fluffy, I've cleared my cashe as instructed and my origin overlay still appears when turned off, still disconnecting everynow and then too in the multiplayer, I'm playing on pc/steam 

Message 31 of 73 (1,884 Views)

Game freezes in multiplayer (with sound glitches)

★★ Novice

Ok, so the game was working fine for first few days and then it has started - the game freezes in random moments and my laptop is completely unresposnive, i have to turn it off with power button. Sometimes before the freeze the sounds get strange - so i know what's coming, sometimes it freezes just like that. One day i can play the whole evening with no issues, the other day i can't play a single game.

Other games work fine, it's only Titanfall.

Tried: repiring, reinstalling, clearing cache, literraly everythign i have found online for similar issues. Nothing works.

I've got an ACER Predator Helios 300, GTX1050TI, 8GB RAM, 4GBVRAM

Message 32 of 73 (1,677 Views)

Freeze then time out in MP

★★★ Novice

Hi!,

I've owned Titanfall 2 for almost 2 years now now with no real issues when playing it in between, last time was about a year ago.
However, since yesterday i haven't been able to play at all. Here's what happens:
1- I boot up the game ,  launch multiplayer and it connects mostly to the Frankfurt 1 datacenter (my region is Europe/Germany obviously)
2- I pick a mode (tried them all, nothing works) then launch it up and one of 3 things occur:
    a) Either it starts searching for players and it works normally till i get to the "Jumping to location" screen, then the loading circle freezes for a few seconds and i get thrown back to the main menu with the "connection to server timed out" message
    b) Or the loading circle while it searches for players freezes then i get thrown back to the main menu with the "connection to server timed out" message, never really passing the main multiplayer screen

c) I get to play for about 5 minutes, then it freezes, gets up to a 4000 ping and then i get thrown back to the main menu with the "connection to server timed out" message

Mostly c) is the case

I played several other online games with no issues whatsoever (Battlefield 1, Overwatch, heck even MW works fine,... etc). Ive tried reinstaling, repairing, VPN-ing, disabling all network adapters, forwarding all Ports on my router (though it basically already does that by itself), Ive been clean-booting, Ive tried using recommended settings in-game, Ive even goddamn used LAN instead of WLAN even though that LAN is much worse for me than WLAN.

My system is running on Windows 10, with 16 GB of ram, a GTX 1080 GPU , and an i5 8600k processor.

Would really appreciate any help here as the game right now is now completely unplayable because of this issue. Im tired of this. Ive been contacting EA Chat Support 3 times with this issue. No help in sight. Always the same repetitive premade answers.

Last resort would be a windows reinstall and/or wipe of my hard drive(s) [tho I have been planning to do that for a long time now]

Message 33 of 73 (1,658 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ybarraplz,

If you have the chance could you share a DxDiag so I can take a look? For more info on how to get the file visit the EA Help site. Once you have the text file you can attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 34 of 73 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Thanks Kent 

Message 35 of 73 (1,815 Views)

Community Manager

@Ybarraplz 

I appreciate it!

Looking through the diagnostics section in the DxDiag I noticed some bluescreen errors, and it also looks like NVDisplay.Container.exe has been crashing. This might point to an NVIDIA driver issue. When you have a chance can you try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of your NVIDIA drivers to see if that helps at all? 

To remove the drivers you can try running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU is a third party software so use at your own risk), then you can download them again from the NVIDIA driver website. Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 36 of 73 (1,770 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hey Kent

I have done as you have instructed, hopefully what will stop future blue screening.

But the origin overlay still stays active and I get disconnected from the game servers still.

Do you think installing origin instead of the steam lite version will fix this?

Message 37 of 73 (1,750 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Ybarraplz 

I uninstalled Origin, deleted all Origin related files, restarted the computer, reinstalled it completely, and the problem persisted. If this actually fixes the game for you, I'm going to dig a hole and bury myself.

Message 38 of 73 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rosemary225 🤣🤣🤣
Message 39 of 73 (1,705 Views)

Community Manager

@Ybarraplz 

I haven't tested that myself, but if you don't mind giving it a shot can you let me know how it goes? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 40 of 73 (1,666 Views)