Re: Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

by Rosemary225

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Something tells me this issue is on Respawn or EA's side and it needs to be fixed through a patch. Which sucks.

Message 21 of 73 (976 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

Much appreciated!

Have you been keeping an eye on your temperatures while you're running a game on your PC? I'm curious if something might be running too hot, considering that it looks like other apps have been crashing as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 22 of 73 (958 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

While playing Titanfall 2 my computer reaches 44C at maximum, even when fighting about 20 nuke titans at 1 time, So something tells me it's not overheating.

Message 23 of 73 (948 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

Got it, thanks!

This is only happening when you alt-tab the game, correct? You aren't seeing any issues like this at all if you don't switch window focus? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 24 of 73 (919 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Well it actually happens all the time, alt tabbing just speeds up how fast it crashes.

Message 25 of 73 (880 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

Ah, gotcha. 

I wonder if this might actually be a driver issue. I noticed that you're running into some LiveKernalEvent errors in the DxDiag you attached, which can point to a driver problem. 

When you have the chance can you try doing a clean reinstall of your NVIDIA drivers to see if that makes any difference at all? If there is a problem with the driver that may help fix it. Let me know if that makes any difference for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 26 of 73 (858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

For a bit I thought reinstalling drivers did the trick. But once again after about 2 hours of playing the game froze and kicked me out of multiplayer. Those two hours were glorious, but it all came to a very aggravating end. The drivers didn't do anything.

Message 27 of 73 (842 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear it's still happening. 

Are you currently using any kind of overlays while you're playing, like the Discord overlay for example? If so, can you try disabling them to test and see if that makes any difference at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 28 of 73 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

I disabled the Steam overlay and the Discord overlay and also apparently disabling Origin Ingame doesn't disable the overlay so... It did nothing! Froze 10 seconds after loading the multiplayer menu. Nothing does anything. I am convinced now that I will never be able to play this game. Every new [Admin - removed] idea that shows up just doesn't work at all and it's been a month or so since getting the game and the whole time multiplayer has been unbelievably broken and apparently everyone else who has had this problem has fixed it and I'm still here sitting in the most unlucky corner of the planet with a version of the bug that appears to be IMPOSSIBLE TO SQUASH!

Message 29 of 73 (762 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

Disabling Origin In-Game should disable the overlay. If it doesn't there might be an issue with the Origin client not allowing the settings to stick. 

Could you try clearing out the Origin cache to see if you're able to disable the overlay afterward? You can find more info on how to do that over at the EA Help site. Let me know if that works, and if it has any effect on the crashes. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 30 of 73 (727 Views)