Re: Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

by Rosemary225

Original Post

★★ Novice

Well, i didnt even get notified that people are answering my post.

First of all, thanks for your testeing and your replies but im fearly certain that its not a problem with the servers. Atleast not for my case.

Second ,Ive build a new pc a few weeks ago and tried TF2 again and it worked perfectly, eventhough im still using my old GPU for the time beeing.

And, im from Germany, so i doubt that im playing on the NY servers but im not 100% sure.

I dont know what caused the the problems in my case but eventough i have a backroundprograms running again. (Norton, Steelseries Engine, MSI Afterburner and so on)

Message 11 of 73 (909 Views)

★★ Novice
@Masmont94 Oh and yes, i did try to repair, reinsatll, clear all caches and so on. Ive been in this for hours/days before building my new pc.
Message 12 of 73 (906 Views)

Community Manager

@Masmont94 

Thanks for following up!

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you haven't been seeing any freezes at all since building your new PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 73 (872 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yes that is correct. There is someone i was talking to about this problem over at reddit and ´he had or still has the same problem and his pc is way more up to spec.
Message 14 of 73 (854 Views)

Community Manager

@Masmont94 

That's strange. 

Did you replace your RAM or add more of it when building your new PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 73 (831 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Its completly different RAM. My old Pc had 16GB DDR3 2333Mhz and my new is on 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz. The only old part i used is my GPU
Message 16 of 73 (822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm just gonna pop in here, I've read all these conversations and I have a few things to say about my version of this issue. I can play the campaign just fine, but I can only play multiplayer after restarting the computer. When I've restarted I can play the game for a currently seemingly infinite amount of rounds, but if I alt-tab or close the game at all then it breaks and proceeds to freeze and kick me out to the main menu with the message stating I timed out. I've tried everything the internet has said, like, change data center, change ingame network, change settings to recommended, try repairing the game. None of this has worked. I really don't want to reinstall the entire game, but I'm reaching that point. This started happening right after I bought the game through Steam, and it was fairly uncommon, happening after every 5th game. the next day it was after every 3rd. yesterday it was every 1st or 2nd. Today I can't even sign in the multiplayer. My game is pretty much literally killing itself with this bug, and now I can't even go onto multiplayer.

Message 17 of 73 (807 Views)

Community Manager

@Rosemary225 

I appreciate the details!

Would you mind sharing a DxDiag here when you've got a chance? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 18 of 73 (781 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Assuming I did everything correctly this should be the information you're looking for? While you do your stuff with this I'm gonna reinstall the game entirely. I'll probably come back and describe whatever it did, if anything.

Message 19 of 73 (763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

So I reinstalled my game and I really thought it would fix the issue, but it didn't as soon as I got into the game and clicked the search button (I only have Attrition enabled because its my favorite gamemode, but it happens on all the others too) and then two seconds into searching it froze for 7 seconds, resumed for 5, then timed out. I am well past the refund period for steam so unless this gets fixed I get to have yet another broken unplayable game on my steam list.

Message 20 of 73 (747 Views)