Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

by Masmont94

Original Post

Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

★★ Novice
Ive been searching for a few hours now and i cant seem to find any solution for my problem.

My game just freezes randomly for 30-60 seconds. Sometimes after a few sec, sometimes it lets me even play a match or two. The freezes happen only in the multiplayer menu or in a match. Ive been playing the singleplayer for a few hours now and there is no freeze at all. After these 30-60 second freezes it eventually unfreezes and just kicks me back to the multiplayer or sometimes even the main menu.

I know my CPU is a bit on the lower end of the spectrum but the game acctually runs smooth except for these freezes.

Specs:

AMD FX-6100

GTX970

16GB ram

The only thing i found so far is this link to the titanfall forum but when i try to open it, it just links me to the main selection screen to the forum.

Message 1 of 73 (5,667 Views)

Re: Freeze and kick in Multiplayer

Community Manager

Hi @Masmont94

Let's take a look and see if we can help out with the freezes you've been seeing. First, have you had a chance to try repairing the game in Origin to see if that makes any difference at all? 

If there are any bad files in the game data a repair might help. If you right-click on Titanfall 2 in the Origin LIbrary you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know how it goes when you have the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 73 (5,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Kent.

I'd like to say that I am also having the same issue. Every time I get booted, I get an error message saying "Connection to server has been timed out"

I've attempted the repair option a couple times and have even uninstalled/reinstalled the game and it continues to happen. It's frustrating because it usually happens close to the end of a match. I really enjoy this game, but the sudden boot makes me not want to play. I've been scouring the forums to try and find an answer, but have so far found nothing that works for me. I'm super open to any suggestions to fix this, as it doesn't occur in any other game. My specs are as follows:

GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX-6300 6 core at 3.5GHz
16 GB RAM

Hope to hear back soon, as I'm sure OP is aswell

Message 3 of 73 (5,556 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GregTheSpark

I appreciate the details. 

Based on what you described I'm wondering if this is actually a connectivity issue rather than something with the game client itself. Can we try out some connection troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? 

First I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. Those can usually help with the most common issues we see, but if it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you've had a chance to try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 73 (5,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello again @EA_Kent 

I've been busy with moving into a new home, so I haven't had a chance to try this. I got connected with a new internet provider, and I attempted to play a round. After about 5 minutes, the game froze and booted me out with the same message as before. I'll attempt the troubleshooting and I'll swiftly get back to you.

Message 5 of 73 (5,467 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GregTheSpark

Thanks for following up! I appreciate you keeping me updated. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 73 (5,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Kent

I've done the troubleshooting methods you've provided me, and I managed to get 5 games in before being booted out. I had thought the issue was fixed, because usually it happens during the 2nd or 3rd game. But I figured I should do some more thorough investigation and keep playing until it does happen.

I saw in one of the troubleshooting solutions that setting the affected game to launch as administrator would help, so that's what I attempted. Unfortunately, it only seemed to have delayed what was to come. Being unable to find a fix to this problem is quite frustrating, as I enjoyed the 4 multiplayer games I managed to squeeze in quite a bit. It's quite discouraging to attempt to play when this looming fear of the game telling me "no" is always in my mind. Like I believe I had said before (and if I didn't say it before, I apologize) This issue doesn't happen to me in any other game. Being on a hard wired online directly into my PC from the modem should not be giving me these issues. I even switched ISP's in the process of moving into a new home with my significant other, and the problem persists.

This might be a stretch, but it's something I've noticed. I heavily believe there is something wrong with the servers, especially the ones based in New York. I played 3 games on the Virginia servers and I was fine through those games. After those 3 games, I had logged off to get a snack and go on a walk. When I logged back in, I was on the New York servers. My first game was fine, but then the second game on these servers (my 5th game today) was what made me disconnect. I find this to be an interesting little discovery that might be worth looking into, if at all possible. Thanks.

Message 7 of 73 (5,405 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GregTheSpark

I appreciate the details!

If you switch back to the Virginia servers are you no longer running into any disconnections at all? It's only happening when you're connected to the servers in New York? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 73 (5,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent 

I don't think I know how to switch the servers I'm connected to. It just happened to connect me to the Virginia servers once. Would you please be able to explain how to switch server connections?

Message 9 of 73 (5,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I've figured it out, @EA_Kent and @Masmont94 

I managed to play 4 games of Attrition on the Virginia servers. I can, with enough experience, conclude that this has never been possible for me on the New York servers. Being on the east coast of Canada, New York understandably would be where I'm connecting to by default, giving me less than 40 ping. On the Virginia servers, I don't seem to be having any disconnecting issues while only giving me 20 ping higher on average than NY (calling that a huge difference would just be nitpicking)

With this in mind, I will continue to do some testing, playing more matches, and I will report back when/if I disconnect while on Virginia 1's servers. I'm fairly comfortable in saying that there must be some bug over in the NY side of things, that may only affect certain people. After discovering that connecting to Virginia 1 gives me no issues at all, I think this is absolutely something that needs to be looked into. I also invite anyone else experiencing the same disconnection message to check whether or not they're on NY servers. It tells you in the bottom left corner in the main menu, and you can click on the location shown to change where you're connected. 

@EA_Kent wrote:

Hi @GregTheSpark

I appreciate the details!

If you switch back to the Virginia servers are you no longer running into any disconnections at all? It's only happening when you're connected to the servers in New York? 

/Kent

This seems to be the case. It's definitely an odd theory, but in my mind and from what I experienced, this is what's going on. 

Message 10 of 73 (5,334 Views)