Error :game logic "_items.nut #1286" client script tried to precache weapon

by Granolabae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error :game logic "_items.nut #1286" client script tried to precache weapon

★★★ Newbie

I get this error when i try to launch the multiplayer/ frontier defense. My mouse buttons stop working ingame as well once it happens. I cannot play the singleplayer either, a different error pops-up. I have had no issues with this game before today, I haven't installed any programs since the last time I played it. I have already verified my game cache and reinstalled the game, and updated my drivers, nothing has worked. I attached screenshots of the error messages. 

I am running on windows 10

GPU : Nvidia 1070

CPU : Amd 8320

Message 1 of 3 (1,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error :game logic "_items.nut #1286" client script tried to precac

★★ Novice

I had this issue recently, and shed many tears trying to fix it. I have no idea if my solution is universal, but I found that my game had set itself into dev mode somehow. If you have an option at the bottom left of your main menu titled "Dev Menu" then this is likely your issue as well.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,354 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I had this issue recently, and shed many tears trying to fix it. I have no idea if my solution is universal, but I found that my game had set itself into dev mode somehow. If you have an option at the bottom left of your main menu titled "Dev Menu" then this is likely your issue as well.

Message 2 of 3 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the Dev Menu as well but it is only there when I install though Steam. If I install it on Origin only, the game works fine but I can't play with friends. Anyone have an update whether or not they can disable dev mode?

I HAVE A FIX: If you are on Steam, go to game properties(by right clicking the name of the game in your library), then select "Set Launch Options." From there find the 4 characters in the line of code that say "-dev" and delete them. Click "OK." When you next start the game from Steam, there should be no dev menu in the main menu and you should be able to play singleplayer and multiplayer without those issues. Hope this helped! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,241 Views)