DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by ThatPurpleFox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★★ Novice

I keep getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG whenever I am in a match with Titans. In Pilot only modes, I can play for as long as I want. I've seen fixes, but here's the thing:
I recently formatted my boot drive and installed Windows 10 Pro fresh after having USB disconnect issues with my Vive. 

I never installed Titanfall 2 after replacing my Motherboard back in November, nor has it been installed to my 1TB SSD before, which is my game drive.

For the .exe files to run as admin, the problem is that all of them are in a DiP_STAGED file type, along with a ton of files, so I have no idea how to run those files.

All the other fixes I've seen involve settings I've already tried, running SFC, as well as software conflicts for software I have never used before, and this is a fresh install of Windows 10 and Nvidia Drivers

I'm running a 1080 Ti, not an RTX card and I've I've seen people having similar issues with RTX cards on Apex.

Message 1 of 6 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

It seems to be an issue with going above a certain frame rate and/or Titan combat. I have the FPS_Max 60 command line running and no crashes. After removing the command line I crashed in Frontier Defense. I put the command line back and no crashes since. I've reverted to the previous drivers from Nvidia and that helps for other games too. I got the DEVICE_REMOVED version of the error on Insurgency Sandstorm but after reseating the GPU the error for Insurgency is gone.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (484 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
@ThatPurpleFox I feel u, hope u can find a solution soon. (btw do u happen to know how to resolve the infinite datacenter searching issue? I've tried the disabling adapters technique.
Message 2 of 6 (600 Views)

EA DICE Team

Have you tried to reinstall the GPU drivers? @ThatPurpleFox 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 6 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

It seems to be an issue with going above a certain frame rate and/or Titan combat. I have the FPS_Max 60 command line running and no crashes. After removing the command line I crashed in Frontier Defense. I put the command line back and no crashes since. I've reverted to the previous drivers from Nvidia and that helps for other games too. I got the DEVICE_REMOVED version of the error on Insurgency Sandstorm but after reseating the GPU the error for Insurgency is gone.

Message 4 of 6 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same issue on and off. Seems like a reinstall of the graphics driver fixes it for a while and then suddenly the game crashes with this error over and over after 2-10 mins in the game.

Message 5 of 6 (431 Views)

★★★ Expert

Wow, no wonder this board is dead.

There's nothing here but technical issues.  No game talk, no social, no interesting stuff.

Just technical report after technical report after technical report.

I get this game is old, but seriously that doesn't mean it has to be dead.  But it is and it looks like you can tell why just by reading these posts.

Message 6 of 6 (407 Views)