Constant connection to server timed out

by JefeTor0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant connection to server timed out

★★ Novice

my friend and i are on the same router/different pcs trying to play titanfall 2 online attrition it works for 2 games or 1 game then kicks one of us off at the loading map screen and the other gets stuck in loading screen.

Message 1 of 12 (1,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant connection to server timed out

Community Manager

@JefeTor0 

Can you both check the NAT on each PC? Those instructions are here. If the NAT is strict, it can cause this to happen.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (1,162 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @JefeTor0.

Take a look at your router settings. Check to see if UPnP is enabled. If it isn't, enable it and then restart your PCs. Try playing and let me know if you still disconnect or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

I checked and yes it is on already. Some more information I've come to realize is that the game lets me and my friend play online in Titanfall 2 just fine by our selves. We are 2 different PC's connected via ethernet to the same router, but when we join one or the others lobby and play we're allowed usually 1-2 games before he will get stuck in the loading screen and I will get kicked out in the beginning loading screen before the map loads back to the main menu with "Connection to server timed out" if any of that helps. Again works for as many games in a row as we want when we solo queue, this seems to only be an issue when we join the same party.

Message 3 of 12 (1,191 Views)

Community Manager

@JefeTor0 

Can you both check the NAT on each PC? Those instructions are here. If the NAT is strict, it can cause this to happen.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,163 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I'm not sure how to check NAT type, I have a netgear R6700v3 and can't find any options about it nor could i find any helpful google resources as how-to's. Also wouldn't nat type be the same for both pc's if they are connected to the same router?
Message 5 of 12 (1,150 Views)

Community Manager

@JefeTor0 

Yes. They should be on the same NAT type so it's fine if just one of them is checked. There are instructions for checking the NAT in that article I linked. This is done in Windows. Not on your router.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,137 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I am hardwired so is his PC, I bought the game through Steam and have just now enabled both Steam and Origin to be able to run as administrator however there is no compatibility option in the properties for the Titanfall 2 game shortcut.

As for checking Nat Type the link only has this section:

How can I check my NAT Type?

In your router settings, check to see that NAT passthrough is enabled.

Need help? Contact your ISP for help with checking this setting.

I am unable to find any NAT passthrough options in router settings.

I flushed the DNS already.
Message 7 of 12 (1,128 Views)

Community Manager

@JefeTor0 

Sorry about that. Please, disregard that suggestion. I found the manual for your router here. If you search the document for NAT Filtering, you'll find those instructions. 

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,098 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Problem solved, found where Nat filtering type was(thanks to the manual who knew) and set it from secured to open, disabled sip alg and gave steam and origin administrative properties. Played 10 games at least uninterrupted this morning with friend. I had searched before to make it open but couldn't find it and went onto try to open ports unsuccessfully so I'm glad this worked. Thanks.
Message 9 of 12 (1,062 Views)

Community Manager

@JefeTor0 

Great! I'm really glad you got this resolved. If anything else comes up, please let us know. Have fun and stay safe Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,013 Views)