Re: Connection To Server Timed Out

by Meko_Error

Original Post

Connection To Server Timed Out

★★★ Novice

i just bought titanfall 2 for ps4 and i played the campaign until the game updated when i went to play the multiplayer i joined my first match and everything was fine but after my first match

i got kicked after 10 seconds with message "connection to server timed out" i tried to rejoin the lobby and after 10 seconds i get kicked again i tried to restart my router and my ps4

i also had this problem in battlefield hardline but i play battlefield 1 and other games perfectly in mutliplayer

thats the second game i buy with this problem from EA and i worked hard for the money so i really need to play this game

hope you guys find out a solution ---thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (447 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post Can you try power cycling your router and then connect just your console to your network, and see if this has any effect on the stability of your connection?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (427 Views)

★★★ Novice

i just tried that and it still the same , no changes

Message 3 of 10 (420 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update.

Can you try restarting your PS4 from the power menu next? You may also want to try disconnecting any other devices from your network as a test. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice

i tried that but it still doesn't work

Message 5 of 10 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

my friend had the same problem but he said when he finished the campaign it worked perfectly

Message 6 of 10 (386 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra info. Finishing the campaign shouldn't have any effect, it sounds like your friend may have had an intermittent issue. 

Back on your version of the game, does changing your data center have any effect? Can you try swapping to a different PSN account as a test and see if the issue manifests on that account?, 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 10 (370 Views)

★★★ Novice

also tried that didn't change anything

Message 8 of 10 (365 Views)

★★★ Novice

now it just worked for 1 match and the problem happened again after the match

Message 9 of 10 (361 Views)

Community Manager

In this case you may need to reach out to your ISP's support. If your game is running fine then it sounds like your local config is fine, and something's happening intermittently on the network side of things. Again I'd like to check that there aren't any other devices on your network when you're testing, as that can sometimes be a factor.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 10 (327 Views)