Re: Cannot Connect To Multiplayer (Origin is Offline)

by TheKrimzonKing

Original Post

Cannot Connect To Multiplayer (Origin is Offline)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I just picked up Titanfall 2 off of Origin Access yesterday and I wanted to play multiplayer. Problem is, I'm having an issue where when I go to click on multiplayer, it's locked out for me saying "Origin is offline" when clearly it is not offline since I can launch the game. This is the ONLY game I'm having this issue with. I go on Steam and I can play any game multiplayer. I go and play Battlefront or Mass Effect: Andromeda, I have no issue playing multiplayer. This is the only game I have this issue with. I've tried restarting my router. Doesn't work. I went in and edited the setting in Windows Firewall and it doesn't work. Unless there is a specific app or feature that is blocking it that I am unaware of, then please inform me. Other than that, I am out of options.

Key points
1. I'm on PC
2. I can play other games Online with no issue
3. I restarted my router with no resolution
4. Reinstalling doesn't work.
5. Firewall was edited to no avail.

Message 1 of 5 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SenorOreoBunz Hi, thanks for the post and for detailing the steps already taken. Just so we're clear are some of the other games you play online also Origin games?

Can you also add the game (and Origin) to your exceptions list for your anti-virus too, in case that's blocking anything?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same exact issue. When I start TF2 it says connecting to servers and then immediately says Origin is offline and can't play multiplayer. Nothing has worked to correct this issue. Since paying for the year subscription my experience has been less than satisfactory. I wish I could request my money back i feel i wasted it.

Message 3 of 5 (1,159 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, can I check if you've tried all the steps earlier in the thread?

You may also want to try a Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Hopefully we can figure out what's going wrong here, and help to improve your experience going forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, can I check if you've tried all the steps earlier in the thread?

You may also want to try a Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Hopefully we can figure out what's going wrong here, and help to improve your experience going forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,135 Views)