Re: Can't find Titanfall 2 product code

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Can't find Titanfall 2 product code

★★★ Newbie

I bought Titanfall 2 on steam recently. I apparently need to use a product code to link it to my origin account before I can actually play, but I haven't been able to locate it. I haven't gotten an email or anything, so I'm not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 12 (4,600 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
For me, this was caused by my VPN. The game should auto-register when you start it from Steam, but won't if it notices you're on a funky connection. So you have to disable your VPN, shut down Origin, then start the game from Steam again.
This is what made it work for me, anyway. There is no product key.
Message 2 of 12 (4,534 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, the only reliable thing I've seen is about VPN's but I don't have one active on my computer, does anyone else have any tips?

Message 3 of 12 (4,521 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Bourne4242

If you're still having trouble with this I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. 

For more information on how to create a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them via Twitter or Facebook as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 12 (4,474 Views)

★ Novice

I got it to work by running it on a different machine and now it runs fine, just something broke on my main machine

Message 5 of 12 (4,467 Views)

Community Manager

@Bourne4242 

Ah, I see. That's pretty strange, but thanks for letting me know that it's working for you now! Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 12 (4,432 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, i tried contacting both EA and Steam, both told me its the other ones issue. Im not using a VPN or anything like that. 

Message 7 of 12 (4,428 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jump521

Were you asked to run through any sort of troubleshooting steps at all when you contacted EA Help or Steam? If so, what sort of steps have you had the chance to try so far? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 12 (4,399 Views)

★ Novice

I haven't been told any specific ones, but i tried the generic ones like verifying integrity of files, redownloading the whole game, reloging into Origin, etc. As far as i know, i have tried everything that I can.

Message 9 of 12 (4,366 Views)

Community Manager

@jump521 

Got it, thanks!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Titanfall 2? If there's something else running on the PC that may be causing this a Clean Boot might help to get around it. 

For more details on how you can set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to give it a try. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 12 (4,329 Views)