Re: All character models freezes periodically

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All character models freezes periodically

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug All character models freezes periodically in online mode. I have up to date display drivers and changed graphical settings to default. Changing "data center" does not affect the issue. It was working fine two days ago.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sorry, no idea but let me know how I can help
What happens when the bug occurs? Please check attached 2 youtube videos. In online mode all character models freezes for about two seconds. It happens periodically in menu and in a game.
What do you expect to see? The game working without this issue.

https://youtu.be/ric8hUGPjN8
https://youtu.be/Wg6NBvE7Ov8

Message 1 of 5 (604 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I managed to fix the issue, I checked all software I have installed on my PC three days back and turns out that if I turn of "Avid application manager" the game works fine.
You can give it a shot and try to reproduce it on your own, this software is free it is called "Avid First".
For me the case is closed.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (720 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@j4jo I have experienced this, as I interpret it there were some temporary network issues between me and the game server. I don't think any other players were affected, so that suggests it wasn't a server error. If you bring up the scoreboard when this happens you'll likely see a large lag spike.

Any time I've seen this the freezes/rubberbanding go away after a while for me but it's certainly annoying. You can try checking if this is local by power cycling your router and playing with just you connected to the network. Alternatively if it's higher up the chain and you encounter this frequently you may want to run a uotrace, this may indicate where the issues lie, and you can bring this information to your ISP.

You can find info on the UOTrace here:https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (591 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi @EA_David thank you for your answer but unfortunately it will not help in my case it doesn't seem to be caused by network issues.
I was checking the scoreboard all the time and ping was about 50-60 as usual, also the issue happens periodically after about 7 seconds it freezes for 2 or 3 seconds, the last thing that indicates that it is not an network issue is that it happens in the menu.
Message 3 of 5 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I managed to fix the issue, I checked all software I have installed on my PC three days back and turns out that if I turn of "Avid application manager" the game works fine.
You can give it a shot and try to reproduce it on your own, this software is free it is called "Avid First".
For me the case is closed.

Message 4 of 5 (721 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. It's certainly an odd issue and sorry for guessing incorrectly initially. 

If we see this issue again hopefully this info will be helpful in future. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (569 Views)