Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advocate gift not showing in inbox

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Advocate gift not showing in inbox
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After ranking up a faction to G2 i got a random advocate gift but it didn't show in the inbox. Less than an hour later i upgraded another faction to G2 and same thing occurred. I tried closing the game, closing the console and all that, items still wouldn't show. Then i got another random gift from leveling something other than a faction and that gift showed. Also first gift happened during happy hour, second during normal playtime.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ranking screen says i received a gift, but the advocate inbox has zero items. I am now wondering if this bug occurred more than once but only noticed it recen tly. ( Used to have more items in the inbox so never really bothered counting, but now my inbox is at zero items so it's easy to keep track )
What do you expect to see? I expected to see 2 items in the inbox.

LEAVING THIS FIELD BLANK DUPLICATES CONTENT. FIX YOUR FORMS EA !

Message 1 of 13 (1,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Advocate gift not showing in inbox

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@cloudikun @Random_Rav3r Hey guys, this was addressed in today's patch. 

• Fixed Genned Factions not receiving Advocate Gifts - retroactively send any missed Advocate Gifts to affected users.

Thanks again for flagging it to us. 

Notes: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Patch-Notes-Nov-30th/m-p/5729746#M332

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,686 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed post. What factions did you regen? It's probably not a factor, but we like to gather as much detail as possible. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was Vinson Dynamics first then Apex Predators i think (or Marauders). I am not getting those items back aren't i ?

Message 3 of 13 (1,735 Views)

Community Manager

Unfortunately it's not something we have any power to grant. I intend to include this issue in a report, as well as testing this myself when i regen (i've been sampling all the factions instead).

Hopefully we can find out what's going on here, and perhaps a fix can be run on the server end to grant gifts to those that should have them. I don't have any guarantee  of this though, it's possible that these potential gifts may be lost. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,727 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not getting items back is ok as long as you can figure a way to prevent this from happening further (and also reproducing the bug in the first place). I will try and keep u up to date with any further occurrences of this bug. Ty and godspeed ! Standard smile)

Message 5 of 13 (1,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does it help if i give you my ps4 account to check for the bug occurrence or that's not relevant ?

Message 6 of 13 (1,713 Views)

Community Manager

I have that info here already, your posting account is linked to your PS4 account, but thanks for offering.

I'd say you're well ahead of the curve faction regenning twice this early, but if this is a wider issue hopefully Respawn can spot it and get it sorted. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 13 (1,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 8 of 13 (1,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can shed some new light on the bug. I ranked my 3rd faction to G2 and the same thing happened. So G2 (and maybe further) faction rank advocate gift is not showing in inbox. You now owe me 3 gifts.

Message 9 of 13 (1,686 Views)

Community Manager

I got some solid game time in and regenerated 2 factions over the last couple of days.  I got the appropriate banners but no random gift too, so I can confirm from my own perspective that this is bugged right now, or at least there's a misleading notification.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 13 (1,655 Views)