Re: why are my sims suddenly homeless?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@teamallman I am assuming that you mean those are the same settings you have had previously on iCloud, so that has not changed?

In that case, we are then recommending that you try the following:

Please close your game and Origin. Move your "The Sims 4" folder onto your desktop to save for later - save that carefully, as it will contain your current saves, library/households (tray folder) , etc.. Then restart your game and it will create a fresh 'The Sims 4' folder. Do not add any mods or cc. Then create a new "save as" game (not just 'save') and go into that game and create a couple of households, place each in a home and play them briefly, then save and exit the game. Please then see if these households are intact and functioning correctly after the 2-day mark. Please let us know how it goes and if this has resolved the issue. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 25 (511 Views)

@teamallman 

I’m assuming you’re on a Mac judging by your reference to iCloud? Could you please confirm whether you have iCloud Drive enabled to store the Documents folder in the cloud, this may have been enabled in a recent macOS update.

@SheriGR ’s new game folder advice is definitely also worth a shot. It is the only way to 100% rule out a CC/Mod issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 25 (492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

iCloud is not syncing the desktop. 

Message 23 of 25 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]

@teamallman

Ok. Could you please do the following:

- Click on your Saves folder to select it then go to File > Get Info in Finder. Under General > Where please copy and paste the location of that Saves folder here so I can see the full file path.

- Please do a Spotlight search for the Sims 4 folder on your Mac. If it finds one (it shouldn't) please copy and paste the location here.

How was your game when you tried @SheriGR's suggestion of a new game folder and playing new households, quitting and saving? Were they loading as expected?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 24 of 25 (452 Views)

I've moved this thread to the Mac forum as you seem to be on a Mac with your references to iCloud.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 25 of 25 (447 Views)