trying to play sims 4 on origin

by libby11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

trying to play sims 4 on origin

★★ Novice

I have just downloaded origin on my mac and I can see my sims 4 in my games library but when I click it is says "install origin and play" but I already have installed it!??? I have tried uninstalling and re downloading... not super computer savvy but surely it cant be this difficult to play the sims LOL

help peeps please

Message 1 of 11 (726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: trying to play sims 4 on origin

@libby11,

That's your Internet broswer (Firefox) You have to install the Origin app on your Mac in order to install The Sims 4. You can't install the game from Firefox, you need the Origin app to do it.

Here you can download and install Origin for Mac: https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (815 Views)

All Replies

Hi @libby11,

Are you seeing your game library on the Origin application or on your Internet browser?

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 11 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hey @fons_garmo
I'm seeing it on my origin application
Message 3 of 11 (711 Views)

Hi @libby11,

Try Origin Reset Tool for Mac: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

After using it, download and reinstall Origin from here.

Message 4 of 11 (702 Views)

★★ Novice
thanks for your reply @fons_garmo... still no luck tho, did everything and still saying "install origin to play"
Message 5 of 11 (695 Views)

@libby11,

Which OS X or macOS version does your Mac have installed?

Message 6 of 11 (688 Views)

★★ Novice
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Message 7 of 11 (681 Views)

@libby11,

Could you please upload a screenshot of your game library and the message that says "Install origin to play" ?

Message 8 of 11 (677 Views)

★★ Novice
thanks for helping me!!!!
Message 9 of 11 (674 Views)

@libby11,

That's your Internet broswer (Firefox) You have to install the Origin app on your Mac in order to install The Sims 4. You can't install the game from Firefox, you need the Origin app to do it.

Here you can download and install Origin for Mac: https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Message 10 of 11 (816 Views)