the sims 3 "no disk inserted"

by chelseakate84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 3 "no disk inserted"

★★★ Newbie

i have played the sims 3 on my mac before but recently when i tried to play it again it comes up with a message saying "no disk inserted" on the game's pick a town menu

this confuses me because the game launches and everything, and it doesn't do that when there is actually no disk inserted, so my computer knows that the disk is in there but the actual game itself doesn't??

i have already tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it but that didn/t work

i also tried downloading it from origin with the game code but it says that the code has already been used, even though the game is completely uninstalled from my computer...

please help me figure this out

Message 1 of 2 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the sims 3 "no disk inserted"

@chelseakate84

Have you previously registered your game codes under a different EA/Origin account? You need to be logged into the same account. For help resolving the disc issue, including clear instructions on how to properly uninstall the game or an add-on pack, please see here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)

All Replies

Re: the sims 3 "no disk inserted"

@chelseakate84

Have you previously registered your game codes under a different EA/Origin account? You need to be logged into the same account. For help resolving the disc issue, including clear instructions on how to properly uninstall the game or an add-on pack, please see here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (446 Views)