Re: sims 4 wont go past the plumbob loading screen

by ugly_sims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 wont go past the plumbob loading screen

★★★★ Novice

Now I've been playing sims normally up until a few months ago. Where i cant exit CAS and get into the actual gameplay because i cant get past the plumbob loading screen. So far I've tried un-installing and reinstalling, reseting origin, CCleaner, deleting some of my mods and moving my tray. By the way im a mac user. But nothing seems to work. I've tried everything I can do and now the idea just popped into my head of writing this so people could help. I REALLY want some help to this bug. Because all of the info on this bug is about a update in 2014 or one in 2017. Im sure that this has nothing to do with the caribbean update. Now i really beg for some help.

Message 1 of 4 (1,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ugly_sims  Crinrict is probably right about your still having an incompatible mod somewhere.  But the easiest thing to do here is to pull your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Try playing in this folder for a bit, just to make sure everything works.  If it does, you can use the clean folder to test your mods out in batches.  Any batch that works gets put aside for later use; any batch that doesn't needs to be split and tested, again and again, until you've found the problem file(s).

Once you've removed the incompatible mods, you can place the working ones in your clean folder and copy over your saves, as well as the rest of the content you'd like to keep.

If you can't get out of CAS and into live gameplay even in a clean folder, please post your mac's specs here, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,048 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @ugly_sims

moved this to the mac forum but it sounds like you still have some incompatible mod running.

Did you try removing them all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,063 Views)

@ugly_sims  Crinrict is probably right about your still having an incompatible mod somewhere.  But the easiest thing to do here is to pull your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Try playing in this folder for a bit, just to make sure everything works.  If it does, you can use the clean folder to test your mods out in batches.  Any batch that works gets put aside for later use; any batch that doesn't needs to be split and tested, again and again, until you've found the problem file(s).

Once you've removed the incompatible mods, you can place the working ones in your clean folder and copy over your saves, as well as the rest of the content you'd like to keep.

If you can't get out of CAS and into live gameplay even in a clean folder, please post your mac's specs here, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! That really helped. I also tried to put my CC back into game and it seemed fine. Thanks so much. This happned to me in like may And I finally got a solution. A million thanks @crinrict and @puzzlezaddict for your help! I really wish i could pay you back.

Message 4 of 4 (1,030 Views)