sims 3 mac no cd

by maaaikie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 mac no cd

★★★ Newbie

Dear people,

I recently bought an macbook air without a cd tray. I do want to play the sims 3.

I made an .iso of my game disk on my pc, and transfered it to my macbook air.

Now I'm unable to start the game because it needs the cd, how can I solve this?

Message 1 of 13 (76,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 mac no cd

Champion (Retired)

You need to register the game code (from inside the DVD box for your TS3 game, the same code that you will have used previously to install the disc version) and then you will be able to access the free download through Origin.

To download and install games through Origin:

First install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there.

For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Are you running anti-virus software or any clean-up applications? If so, disable these, as they might be deleting files that Origin needs!

Storing Origin download installer files:

If you are going to change your computer, or just need to uninstall/reinstall your game, you may wish to set your preferences in Origin to save your installers. This will avoid you needing to re-download the games again.

In Origin, go to Preferences. Choose “Advanced” and look in the section entitled “Game Installers”. Tick the box to “Keep game installers after games have been installed”. Choose a location in which you would like the files to be saved (for example, create a folder in Documents ready to receive these files).

Caspin

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (84,344 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

You can not run the game with an iso file. You can install EA Origin for mac and install the digital download version (free). You need to unistall the disc version and install the download version. I have a usb dvd drive for my ASUS eee but I don't know how that will work with a mac.

Message 2 of 13 (75,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you show me where to find the download version for free? because I can only find new games for 35euro

Message 3 of 13 (75,969 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You need to register the game code (from inside the DVD box for your TS3 game, the same code that you will have used previously to install the disc version) and then you will be able to access the free download through Origin.

To download and install games through Origin:

First install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there.

For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Are you running anti-virus software or any clean-up applications? If so, disable these, as they might be deleting files that Origin needs!

Storing Origin download installer files:

If you are going to change your computer, or just need to uninstall/reinstall your game, you may wish to set your preferences in Origin to save your installers. This will avoid you needing to re-download the games again.

In Origin, go to Preferences. Choose “Advanced” and look in the section entitled “Game Installers”. Tick the box to “Keep game installers after games have been installed”. Choose a location in which you would like the files to be saved (for example, create a folder in Documents ready to receive these files).

Caspin

Message 4 of 13 (84,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok but you didn't say exactly how to download it in origin.

Message 5 of 13 (50,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the menu on your origins account you can click on 'cashing products' (sorry, the Dutch word is productcode verzilveren, and google translate gives me this result when I translate is, don't know if it's ok). Here, you can enter the product code/serial code, written on the back of your Sims 3 manual. Then, you go to 'My Games'  and you can see The Sims 3! Then, just click on it to download!

Message 6 of 13 (50,091 Views)

★★ Novice

I use a usb DVD drive with my Macbook Pro.

As long as your Macbook isn't one of the new models with the new type of USB ports, you can get a DVD drive for cheap as they don't have to be the Apple ones specifically. 

To download Origin, go to the Origin website. Should have the details there. Once you have your game codes, and have registered them, you should be able to download the game.

Message 7 of 13 (50,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Thanks for the help but where is Preferences? please respond! 

Message 8 of 13 (42,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem!  You simply need to install Origin.  Here's the link: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Click Games at the top menu bar, then redeem product code.  Type in the code (it will have come with the CD) and voila!

Hope it helped!Standard smile

Message 9 of 13 (41,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you need to have an origin access account for that? I can't find that option..... The Origin access account cost $7 monthly

Message 10 of 13 (38,679 Views)