sims 3 expansions not able to be reinstalled

by roseleaf124

Original Post

sims 3 expansions not able to be reinstalled

★ Novice

I am reinstalling the sims 3 on a new computer. I have bought all of the expansion packs as hard copies, but the only expansions I am able to install are Ambitions and Showtime. The rest show up as if I never had them. What do I do? I cannot reinstall using the hard copies because they are in a house I cannot get to right now. Any ideas on how to help?

Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: sims 3 expansions not able to be reinstalled

@roseleaf124  Even if you had the discs, you still couldn't use them to install—the most recent versions of mac OS will fail to authenticate TS3 discs.  Your only option is to download and install through Origin.

It sounds like you never registered the rest of the codes that came with your discs.  If you can do so now, the packs will be added to your Origin library and made available for download, just as Ambitions and Showtime are now.  If you can't find anyone to look up the codes for you (at the house you can't get to right now), you could still find the codes on the previous computer that had the game installed, provided you never did a clean uninstall.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/finding-your-serial-key-using-terminal/

If you did originally register the codes, perhaps you added them to a different account.  In that case, you'd need to contact EA customer support and ask that your two accounts be merged.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you bought the discs used, the other possibility is that the original owner registered the codes, and EA later removed the duplicates from your account.  In that case, you'd be out of luck—EA doesn't allow codes to be shared or transferred between accounts.  To find out what happened to your codes, you'd need to contact EA support; no one here has access to that information.

If you do end up needing to buy new codes, or you just want more content, Origin is having a Black Friday sale for the next few days.  All TS3 expansion packs are $5 each; stuff packs and worlds are still at their regular price.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)