Re: "The Sims 4 cannot open because of a problem" after update

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"The Sims 4 cannot open because of a problem" after update

★★ Novice

I updated the game today, and when I went to play again, my game would not load. I got the message, "The Sims 4 cannot open because of a problem".

I removed mods from my mods folder. I also uninstalled, and re-installed the game. My software is up to date: Mac OS X version 10.7.5. I tried "repair game", and it still will not open. I've been looking through forums for an answer and can't seem to find it. Help please!

Message 1 of 15 (3,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Update and Crash

[ Edited ]

@onawalknow @osipkaaaaa @bubiistcool 

A patch has just been released, 1.51.77.1220, to fix this issue. Please update your games Standard smile

• Fixed an issue where Mac players on certain older versions of OS X were unable to launch the game. As a result, we rolled back a fix that was done for Mac players on 64-bit systems that eliminated a false error message which said, “The Sims 4 is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.”

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (4,290 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 doesn't start anymore since yesterday's update

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm unable to start Sims 4 since yesterday's game update on Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion. There were never any problems before. Now it says it's not compatible to my system anymore. I can't upgrade my OSX because the hardware doesn't allow it. Reinstall of the game and deactivation of Origin in game didn't work. I have no idea anymore. Your update destroyed everything.

Thanks for help!

Loreley

Message 2 of 15 (3,653 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @onawalknow@bubiistcool ,

Thanks for explaining what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the error message you are getting when you try to open the game and share it with us?

It would also be very helpful to know more details about your Macs - please, follow the instructions in this post to find out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Thank you,
-Mai

Message 3 of 15 (3,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you so very much for replying!

About my mac: Macbook Air 13-inch, mid-2011

Processor  1.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I also have 81.9 GB of free space on my computer; I was only using it for the game.

I've attached screen shots of the error message. I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Message 4 of 15 (3,619 Views)

@onawalknow 

Did Origin also update? Could you run the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't work please start up your Mac in safe mode and then try to play - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 15 (3,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Mai,

thanks for your help. Attached are the error message and my Mac's details. Sorry, they are in German. I hope this helps anyway.

Greetings,

Loreley

Sims 4 - 2.jpg

Sims 4 - 1.jpg

Message 6 of 15 (3,600 Views)

@bubiistcool 

Could you also please try the suggestions in my previous post?

Both you and @onawalknow are running Lion 10.7.5 and have 4Gb RAM. How many add on packs do you have installed? Could you also trash the Options.ini file in your Sims 4 folder. This will reset graphics settings back to default based on your Mac's capabilities.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 15 (3,593 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @onawalknow  @bubiistcool 

We're looking into this issue.

Thank you for providing info on this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 15 (3,549 Views)

@onawalknow @bubiistcool 

Your Macs should be upgradeable to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Would you be willing to upgrade to a later version of macOS as this seems to be a Lion issue. You can do this through the Mac App Store in your Applications folder. Make sure you back up your Mac beforehand Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 15 (3,545 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, I  will try your suggestion within the next couple of days when I get a minute. Will report back. Thanks!

Message 10 of 15 (3,522 Views)