Re: "Gallery item unable to download. Please try again."

by mirufiyu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Gallery item unable to download. Please try again."

★★★ Novice

Hello, I've spoken to at least four personnel on the EA helpline but to no avail and the last one instructed me to post here as they have no immediate solution so here goes - 

As of yesterday, I am unable to download anything from the in-game gallery. It shows the following error: Gallery item failed to download. Please try again. 

More details below: 

- Platform: Windows 10 

- Mods and CC: Yes 

- Save files were transferred from my Macbook Pro where I was previously playing on. Same for mods and CC. 

The same error has showed up on my Mac game when I tested it. 

I have tried the following instructed by the tech team: 

- Repairing game 

- Switching off mods in game

- Moving save files 

- Clearing Origin cache 

- Reinstalling Sims 4 

None of it has worked. However, my friend who tried logging through my Origin account was able to download from the in-game gallery. Hope the devs here can recommend a solution otherwise my game is pretty much an isolated brick now. Frown Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4 (3,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Thanks, as I mentioned i tried dragging the TS4 folder out but it didn't work. It turned out to be a fault of my router's so I reset it and I'm able to download off the gallery now. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (3,048 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @mirufiyu

moved your post to the mac forum for better help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,984 Views)

@mirufiyu  You can try dragging your entire TS4 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  There are plenty of items that can get corrupted in there, and sometimes the best thing is to rebuild the folder.  When you launch the game again, a fresh, clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can download content from the gallery into this folder, you can start moving your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one, a bit at a time.  If something stops you from being able to download again, you'll know what the problem was.

Mods and/or cc often don't transfer well between Windows and mac OS.  It might be a good idea to download these items fresh as well.  Saves are supposed to be fine, but there's always a chance that something was lost in transition.  If a particular save is giving you trouble, you could try transferring it again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (2,972 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, as I mentioned i tried dragging the TS4 folder out but it didn't work. It turned out to be a fault of my router's so I reset it and I'm able to download off the gallery now. 

Message 4 of 4 (3,049 Views)