mods not working!!!

by macielolol

Original Post

mods not working!!!

★ Novice

I have been downloading mods recently. They were working fine until I accidentally moved all of my mods to trash. ( don't ask ) I put them back in my mods folder, but they haven't worked the same since. For example, I use the slice of life mod and mccc. They worked fine before, but now they don't. I have mods enabled in settings and everything. I also have the setting that makes the mod list appear at the start up. When I check it, it says the mods are there, they just don't show up in game. The weird thing is, my clothes and shoes in cas are there. Somebody help!

Message 1 of 6 (3,652 Views)

Re: mods not working!!!

★★★★★ Guide

Good evening @macielolol ;

If you accidentally moved your mods to the trash, it's possible they got compressed to save space. 

For MCCC, I would just go ahead and re-download it; it takes the guess work out of having to adjust those files again.

As for your clothes/shoes mods that *are* working, do you know which files they are? I believe those are .package files that would show up in your Mods folder; can you compare those files to the others you retrieved from your trash?

- B

Message 2 of 6 (3,643 Views)

★ Novice
I have re-downloaded the mccc and the other ones that don't work, but it still hasn't really helped. It's still the same situation as before :/...
Message 3 of 6 (3,641 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ok, before we proceed, I'll need some details:

- What Operating System are you on? (Windows/Mac?)
- Where are your Mods currently located? (A file path of some sort would help, such as Users > UserName > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods )

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 4 of 6 (3,635 Views)

★ Novice
I use a mac. They are found through finder > documents > EA > sims 4 > mods. I like to keep my files as organized as I can, so I have different folders within the mods folder. Ex: mods, pants, hair, etc.
Message 5 of 6 (3,594 Views)

@macielolol

I've moved your thread to the Mac forum Standard smile

Could you try the following to test just one of the mods that isn't working:

- Trash the localthumbcache.package file in the Sims 4 folder
- Move all of the CC and mods in the Mods folder to a separate folder on your desktop. You should only have the resource.cfg file in the Mods folder within the Sims 4 folder
- Load the game to a household and then quit without saving
- Download and place a new copy of MCC into the Mods folder then load the game and see if it shows up

How did you get on?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (3,575 Views)