by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: macOS Sierra - Sims 3 and Sims 4

★★ Novice

have the same issue

Message 41 of 279 (6,240 Views)

@NathaCohen

Did you try this? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/macOS-Sierra-Sims-3-and-Sims-4/m-p/5542951/highlight/true#M483...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 42 of 279 (6,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am running mac OS X Yosemite. I don't think I should update to Sierra, after seeing this issue. Has this problem been cleared up yet?

Message 43 of 279 (6,177 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there, I am having horrible issues with my game and cannot find an answer. I don't know enough about computers to figure this out.

I am playing on a late 2012 iMac, processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, graphics are NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB. I previous was using Yosemite, and both games ran no problem, I have now updated to Sierra. I have not reinstalled my games as after reading comments with similar issues, this did not fix anything.

Sims 3 Issue: Won't open past the launcher. I play from the disk but have tried to access the game through Origin, which does not work either. The screen either stops with the blue square with the plumbob on it and won't open past there or will go into a black screen. I have:

• World Adventures
  • High-end loft
  • Ambitions
  • Diesel Stuff
  • Master Suite stuff
  • Late Night
  • Generations
  • Pets
  • Island Paradise
  • Into the Future
  • Movie Stuff
  • Outdoor living
  • Seasons
  • Supernatural
  • Fast Lane

I play with few mods/CC (have tried uninstalling all mods and CC, no help).

Sims 4: Plays fine but has been experiencing lagging and crashes that NEVER happened before the update. I only have the get to work EP and play with no mods. 

Message 44 of 279 (6,115 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cadibromke

Sims 3 - If you play the game from installed discs then Origin is irrelevant. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting step of moving out the Sims 3 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and trying to load the game?

Sims 4 - the second post on the first page of this thread details your problem.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 45 of 279 (6,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I've spent probably hundreds of pounds on this game by now and i'm so miffed that I can't play it anymore. I have just upgraded to Sierra from El Capitan and since doing so my game takes ages to open the game launcher and then wont load past the blue screen with plumbob. I am playing from disk so have tried moving from documents to desktop but all this does is move past the plumbob screen and then crash every time. Is there any way to fix this? I'm suffering severe sims withdrawal!

Model Name: MacBook Pro mid 2014
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
Processor: 2.5ghz Intel Core i7

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Game: Sims 3

Expansion Packs: World Adventrues, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University, Island Life, Into The Future

Stuff Packs: Outdoor Living, High End Loft, Town Life, Master Suite, Katy Perry, 70's 80's 90's

Also lots of online store content.

Message 46 of 279 (6,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sims 3

i have a mac book air sry i don't know more... 

issue: the game doesn't start. there is a loading screen with the sims symbol and then nothing happens. I once waited  an entire day, but nothing happened.

i have updated from a previous version.

i have no add ons installed

Message 47 of 279 (6,077 Views)

@aniufo

You need to provide more information on your Mac. Instructions on finding the information here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756...

If your MacBook Air is a 2015 model then you may be experiencing the issue because your Mac's Intel graphics are not compatible. Please read this thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 279 (6,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've gotten more issues thanks to Sierra. I talked to you yesterday and you completely fixed my issue. It worked fine for the remainder of the day and when I went to play it today, More issues have arisen. Now My game is crashing immediately when getting into gameplay. The most it will last is 5 minutes for me to enter "Motherlode" A few times and try to move houses. I try something, It either freezes or crashes. I'm so stressed and at my Wits end with this game. I just wanna play some sims! CAS is perfectly fine and there is no more graphical issues. Now I just can't enjoy my game properly. I've timed this and the most i've gotten to play from launch time til it stops responding is 26 minutes. I have all EP'S installed except for Showtime and Into the future. My main issue is it will freeze up and crash for no reason. It's gotten so bad that I spent 3 hours today trying to fix it to no avail. Hopefully you can help me again.

If this helps here is my mac details:

Message 49 of 279 (6,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MacOS Sierra 

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB RAM

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

The furthest I have been able to get the game to load was opening up the game launcher and launching the game. Then the screen would just show the big green sims diamond and turn grey because it would stop responding. Since then I have not been able to get it to even open the game launcher menu. I have moved that folder out onto my desktop as well. My Sims 3 game is fully up to date and I am not using any expansion packs atm

Message 50 of 279 (5,180 Views)