Re: macOS Sierra - Sims 3 and Sims 4

by Foggaloggalog

Original Post

@imagenesis

This is an ongoing information thread that runs continuously. If you look at the opening post on the first page you will understand its purpose. It is also stickied in the Mac forum for this very reason. Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 101 of 279 (2,936 Views)

★ Guide

@Bluebellflora

Thanks, I totally noticed it after I posted it. Sorry - It wouldn't let me delete the post for some reason.

Message 102 of 279 (2,923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wonder will EA update TS3 to 64 bit or not ?

Message 103 of 279 (2,859 Views)

@enterprise1927

The technology used by EA to make Sims 3 Mac compatible, Cider, is now owned by NVIDIA who appear to have shelved it. EA also outsourced the development using Cider to a 3rd party. It really isn’t very likely, or even possible, that the Mac version could now be updated for 64-bit.

However, I am just speculating based on current levels of support and historical development of the game Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 104 of 279 (2,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved the "Electronic Arts" file to desktop. However, my sims 4 open, then it freezes when the green EA sign shows up. When I open the thing for force quitting applications, it say that my Sims 4 is not responding. It was woking fine, 2 hours ago.

Message 105 of 279 (2,626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. 10.14 Beta (18A384a)

Message 106 of 279 (2,551 Views)

Champion

Try updating your OS to the current version of Mojave which is the final release now. Sims 3, if you had it running previously, and Sims 4 run fine. Have tested both games and they run great.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 107 of 279 (2,457 Views)

★ Novice

i have the exact same mac and graphics and i only had the base game installed and i could run it only once, second time i tried to play the game it said unknown error Frown it makes me super sad idk what to do

Message 108 of 279 (2,409 Views)

Champion

@pearlcoffin, here is a link to the thread that gives you step by step instructions on how to get Sims 3 to run on your Mac.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 109 of 279 (2,403 Views)

★ Novice

thank you, ill try this, but the weird thing is that it says that it affects 2013 or newer macs and i have a mid 2012 macbookpro. 

Message 110 of 279 (2,256 Views)