macOS thread - updated to include 10.15 Catalina

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: macOS Sierra - Sims 3 and Sims 4

@shaniceduhaney

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 71 of 279 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2015 processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 memory 16 gb graphics intel iris pro 1536 MB. Im having trouble with the sims 3 i click play on origin and the launcher will pop up but when i click the play button it just closes out I have night life, generations and university life installed as well

Message 72 of 279 (2,065 Views)

@lilahtov

The Intel graphics in your Mac are not supported and you will be running a version of macOS which is also not supported. Please read the following for further help:

Expansion and Stuff packs not showing as installed - https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Unknown Error/Game not loading - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sier...

Adding your Intel Iris Pro to the graphics files - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 73 of 279 (2,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area or something, I'm not really familiar with the website. 

My laptop is:

Macbook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016)

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

Running: MacOS High Sierra ver. 10.13

Game: Sims 4 + City Life EP 

I only noticed this issue recently so I can't tell for sure when it might have started. I first noticed in late November after my game had to update, and after that it just wouldn't work.

Problem: Everything loads fine. CAS works fine. As soon as I try to play the actual game (i.e. playing a household), it will sort of load however 1. there is a red border outline 2. there are no bottom controls (no play, pause, needs, Sim icons, etc). I attached a screenshot of my error. (After waiting a little bit, the red border goes away. The Sim moves, I can seem to move the camera, however I can't make the Sim actually do anything. The top controls are essentially useless too, none of them work, I always have to end up force-quitting.) 

What I've tried: 1. Updating (which honestly seems to be the cause of my issues lol) 2. Repairing 3. Removing all recent mods from the past 2-3 months 4. Starting game in Offline mode 

I haven't tried starting with an empty Mods folder yet; I know I should lol. 

If someone could help or has any ideas what could be wrong, I'd really really appreciate it! I finally have time to play and I'm sad that the game won't work.. probably my fault with my buttload of CC but it's worked before just fine Frown

edit: tried disabling mods, looks like it's the mods that are the culprit... again. Removed all game mods, recent CC and that hasn't solved it. I blame this new update, before that everything was working fine... If anyone has this problem and finds the offending CC, let me know! Frown

Message 74 of 279 (2,012 Views)

@dgetine

I would blame the CC/Mod creators for not updating their content to be compatible with the most recent patch Standard smile You will have to play without the CC until it is updated.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 75 of 279 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi

So I had to restart my Mac completely and I didn't backup or anything I just reset it and it updated to MacOS High Sierra. When I redownloaded The Sims4 it doesn't work ! The app will bounce I guess (it jumps up and down on Mac when its loading) but for a really long time and then a black screen will load and then the Sims4 app will crash and I will have to 'Force Quit' it. Ive tried to repair it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin and the sims game again, Ive moved the Sims4 file out of the Electronic Arts folder, Ive basically tried every single solution I could find and nothing works. Please help me resolve this issue I need my sims )):  

My Mac Type is 

macOS High Sierra vis 10.13.2

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Message 76 of 279 (1,918 Views)

@SimsFoodie

Please create a new user account on your Mac and try and play in that account.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 77 of 279 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay thank you I will try that now !

Message 78 of 279 (1,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimsFoodie wrote:

Hi

So I had to restart my Mac completely and I didn't backup or anything I just reset it and it updated to MacOS High Sierra. When I redownloaded The Sims4 it doesn't work ! The app will bounce I guess (it jumps up and down on Mac when its loading) but for a really long time and then a black screen will load and then the Sims4 app will crash and I will have to 'Force Quit' it. Ive tried to repair it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin and the sims game again, Ive moved the Sims4 file out of the Electronic Arts folder, Ive basically tried every single solution I could find and nothing works. Please help me resolve this issue I need my sims )):  

My Mac Type is 

macOS High Sierra vis 10.13.2

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

@SimsFoodie I've had the exact same issue!! I updated The Sims 4 to the most recent patch and it just stopped working.

@Bluebellflora EA also told me to make a new admin account (which I did), but it didn't work Frown I've tried everything and I'm not sure if it's compatibility issue or what.

Message 79 of 279 (1,877 Views)

@mollaboutthat

Can you disable Origin in-game and see if that helps?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 80 of 279 (2,131 Views)