Re: lots won't load

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@pif623

Yes, absolutely try repairing it. Sorry, I always assume people have tried that...

There was an issue with your GPU with 512Mb VRAM and I don't know if it's been fixed yet. Updating the driver fixed it. It's very easy to do and you can revert back to the Apple driver easily enough. I highly recommend it Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 18 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for all your help! I'll be sure to give it a shot later today and I'll let you know how it went!
Message 12 of 18 (1,014 Views)

Can't Launch Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

I've been having problems with my game and tried repairing it.  Now the play button is greyed out and I can't select it and play the game.  IDK where to go from here.

Message 13 of 18 (995 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried repairing the game, but now I have another issue. I can't start it up! The play button is "greyed out" and I can't select it. I called tech support and the guy who answered my call sent me a link that told me to clear my origin cache files. It didn't work. I tried uninstalling and installing Origin. That didn't work either. I'm not sure what to do now.
Message 14 of 18 (997 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I ended up updating my laptop to High Sierra (10.13.4) and uninstalling/reinstalling SIms 4. Now I can click the play button. However, the game won't load. The icon will bounce in my dock and then the game stops responding
Message 15 of 18 (980 Views)

@pif623

For the greyed out play button, bouncing game in Dock, and other issues, you can try this:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

You should also disable Origin in-game which can fix the bouncing icon issue.

There is also a Sims 4 Mac help thread stickied on this forum which has all these tips in it Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

Clearing the cache for Origin on Macs doesn't really do much which is why EA made the great little Origin reset tool for us - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 18 (6,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think I managed to resolve the issue! I disabled Origin in-game and now it's up and running. I haven't had much time to play around and make sure it's okay, but so far everything's loading and my game hasn't crashed. Thank you so much for all of your help! I really appreciate it!
Message 17 of 18 (952 Views)

@pif623

Brilliant! Happy Simming Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 18 (947 Views)