Re: Sims 3 Into the Future Unknown error Mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

into the future

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I just purchased Into The Future from the Origin store and it downloads fine until I go to launch the game and I get an "unknown error occurred" pop-up. I did a clean uninstall, tried moving the files around, etc and nothing works. When I did uninstall it, I relaunched the game with all my other EPs and at first it didn't work but then I tried again and it worked perfectly. 

I tried to redownload it again and the same error message popped up, and am wondering why it isn't working. A few weeks ago NightLife gave me issues where it wasn't showing up in my downloads but fixed that after watching a video showing me how to dip through the Package Contents in Applications, etc. 

I'm hoping I can fix ITF without having to uninstall my base game because I feel there must be a solution out there to help fix the Unknown Error alert. I'm also using a 12'' 2016 Macbook which I know isn't meant for gaming but it runs my sims games perfectly even with like 7 expansion packs running at once. 

Thank you in advance for any tips or info

Message 2 of 3 (504 Views)

Accepted Solution

@xojmo13xo  I don't know which video you watched, but if you copied a NightLife/Late Night folder over to a folder for another pack, you just have to do the same thing again.  (The other problem that comes to mind is for a pack not showing as installed, but it that case, you'd only have needed to create an alias for the EP.)  The problem is that the folder for the pack did not automatically get copied into the folder for your newest pack by release date, and every time you install one that's newer than the packs you already have, you need to repeat the process.  I'll link a video below, in case you can't find the one you watched or the instructions you followed were for the other issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

Just a note, if you install any of the other three packs affected by this error (Ambitions, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living), you'll have to do the same thing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)

All Replies

Sims 3 Into the Future Unknown error Mac

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I just purchased Into The Future from the Origin store and it downloads fine until I go to launch the game and I get an "unknown error occurred" pop-up. I did a clean uninstall, tried moving the files around, etc and nothing works. When I did uninstall it, I relaunched the game with all my other EPs and at first it didn't work but then I tried again and it worked perfectly. 

I tried to redownload it again and the same error message popped up, and am wondering why it isn't working. A few weeks ago NightLife gave me issues where it wasn't showing up in my downloads but fixed that after watching a video showing me how to dip through the Package Contents in Applications, etc. 

I'm hoping I can fix ITF without having to uninstall my base game because I feel there must be a solution out there to help fix the Unknown Error alert. I'm also using a 12'' 2016 Macbook which I know isn't meant for gaming but it runs my sims games perfectly even with like 7 expansion packs running at once. 

Thank you in advance for any tips or info

Message 1 of 3 (513 Views)

@xojmo13xo  I don't know which video you watched, but if you copied a NightLife/Late Night folder over to a folder for another pack, you just have to do the same thing again.  (The other problem that comes to mind is for a pack not showing as installed, but it that case, you'd only have needed to create an alias for the EP.)  The problem is that the folder for the pack did not automatically get copied into the folder for your newest pack by release date, and every time you install one that's newer than the packs you already have, you need to repeat the process.  I'll link a video below, in case you can't find the one you watched or the instructions you followed were for the other issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

Just a note, if you install any of the other three packs affected by this error (Ambitions, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living), you'll have to do the same thing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (521 Views)