Re: i want to download but i dont have enough storage

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i want to download but i dont have enough storage

★★★ Newbie

i want to download sims4 while its still free but after i installed origin and clicked download on sims 4 it said i didn't have enough storage and needed to free up 2GB more. is there a way to download it to an external harddrive or flashdrive that has enough memory to hold the 14GB game?

Message 1 of 2 (397 Views)

Accepted Solution

@anca385  Yes, you can download and install the game on an external hard drive.  But you don't need to do it before the free offer runs out.  As long as you've added it to your Origin library, you own it, and you can download it for free whenever you want.  If you see the Sims 4 icon in your library and you can download it (even if you don't have the space), you're fine.

If you do install TS4 on an external hard drive, it won't run as well as if it were on the internal drive.  It would certainly still be playable, but you might notice a bit of lag.  It would be better to transfer files like movies, music, photos, etc. to the external, as those will play back just the same wherever they are.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (381 Views)

All Replies

@anca385  Yes, you can download and install the game on an external hard drive.  But you don't need to do it before the free offer runs out.  As long as you've added it to your Origin library, you own it, and you can download it for free whenever you want.  If you see the Sims 4 icon in your library and you can download it (even if you don't have the space), you're fine.

If you do install TS4 on an external hard drive, it won't run as well as if it were on the internal drive.  It would certainly still be playable, but you might notice a bit of lag.  It would be better to transfer files like movies, music, photos, etc. to the external, as those will play back just the same wherever they are.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)