Re: constant "update available" notification

by krecha_ae

Original Post

constant "update available" notification

★★ Apprentice

Each time I start the game, "update available" notification pops up (even after I just downloaded and installed it).
I'm using Mac OS X.

Message 1 of 5 (562 Views)

@krecha_ae  Please run the Super Patch (digital download version).  It sounds like the launcher's attempt to patch was incomplete, even if it reported a success.  And besides, running the Super Patch on an already patched game won't hurt.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (542 Views)

@krecha_ae  I've moved your post to the Sims/mac section.  Please let me know if you still need help.

Message 3 of 5 (493 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello @puzzlezaddict, thank you for you response.
What is this super patch? I would rather not install any unofficial content.

Message 4 of 5 (442 Views)

@krecha_ae  The Super Patch was created by EA years ago, while TS3 was still in development.  The launcher was supposed to handle all patching, but the way it was built, it's never been able to handle large amounts of data very well.  It often failed to fully patch and would throw the "update available" notifications, but then when the player tried to patch, the launcher would read the game as already fully patched.  So EA created a tool to thoroughly patch the game without involving the launcher.

The Super Patch is still hosted on EA servers, and the link I sent you connects directly to those servers.  There has been a concern about EA potentially taking down the download though, which is why you also see third-party hosts offering the patch.  But the link under the words "Region 17" calls the download directly from EA, not from any third party.

If you'd prefer to use a download link from an official EA site, here's the relevant post on the Sims forums.  (The one you want is under the header Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher.)  It's the same download though.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

Message 5 of 5 (435 Views)