Re: cant find sims 4 on mac, already downloaded

by abigail90901

Original Post

cant find sims 4 on mac, already downloaded

★★★ Newbie

i bought the sims 4, on disk & downloaded that on a windows computer, then i bought a MacBook Pro, which doesn't have A disk slot thingy.... i downloaded origin from the website and logged in but my sims game isn't in the 'my games' section??? & i don't want to pay another $60 to buy the game again just to play on my new computer... help??

thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,180 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I know this is 22 days late but here you go. Go to origin on the top right you see your username press that. Scroll down to my games press sims 4 then download.
Message 2 of 6 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

these arnt making sence to me? i dont think anything is wrong with my computer but i dont know where to find the play button also im on ea.com where u buy the game but im totally lost on where to play the game. im just getting frusterated because i already paied for it

Message 3 of 6 (712 Views)

@hannahparks 

Which model Mac do you have?

You need to download Origin from https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download then open Origin and login using your EA account details you purchased the game through. Then download and install the game through Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (695 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@hannahparks if your situation is the same as the OP's (ie you had a PC and now have a Mac) I'm afraid that you WILL have to purchase the game again, you can't just swap the Windows version for the Mac one.

I guess you could try installing Windows via Boot Camp (Intel Macs only) or running the game via Windows running through Parallels (you'll struggle if you have a MacBook Air, though) otherwise you will need to buy the game again. 

Message 5 of 6 (557 Views)

@Belladonna74

That isn't true. If a user buys the Windows base game and packs through Origin on a PC they do not have to purchase the game again as the Mac version will be available to them in Origin when they log into their account.

If the Windows user bought the game on Steam then yes, they will have to purchase the game in Origin for Mac.

If the Windows user played the game through an EA Play subscription then yes, they will have to purchase the game outright in Origin for Mac - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-EA-Play-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The-Sims...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (547 Views)