Won't let me play sims3[Mac]

by Miaaaa13

Original Post

Won't let me play sims3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I have a macbook air and had to download and install sims which was fine.

After that process was done, i clicked on it to play and something about an update came up and i denied it and went to go play the game. I forgot what happened, but I think it crashed and asked if i wanted to re-open it again, and I clicked yes, but it froze on the sims symbol and it wouldn't go away. I tried clicking out of it, but it didn't work. I couldn't turn my laptop off and restart it because sims was playing but i couldn't get out of it. So i forced quit out of it and it went away.

But when I went to go play it again, it said I couldn't because I was already playing - but i wasn't. So I uninstalled it, installed it again, went to play it again, and it said the same thing.

Whats going on with my Sims?

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 31 of 274 (583 Views)

Re: My sims 3 wont uninstall or launch on Macbook Air.

Hola @Smellielli09,

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Is your game updated? Latest version is 1.67 or 1.69 if you're using Origin.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 32 of 274 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello @fons_garmo

Thanks for the help,

Here is hopefully all of the information you needed.

1. Operating system - 10.10.05 (Has a update that is needed)

2. Mac Model - MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

3. Processor - 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 (Copy from data)

4. Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (Copy from data)

5. Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB (Copy from data)

I don't believe I am running any antivirus as this computer is new and I haven't downloaded any. I do have Time Machine, but nothing else. 

Sims 3 version - 1.67.2.024017 (I think i have imputed that correctly)

Do you want me to update my computer?

Anything else you need to know?

Thank you so much.

Izy

Message 33 of 274 (772 Views)

@Smellielli09,

Sadly your Mac has some compatibility issues due to its newer hardware. Please read this post in order to get more info and possible workarounds.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 34 of 274 (770 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @fons_garmo

Thank you so much for your help. I have read that link and as i have an older mac and it seems to work fine on that, i will just use that. But i have another question. I have a Dell computer. When i go to install the sims, it downloads fine but after it it finishes it comes up with the following message.

"Do you completely want to remove the selected application?"

Then it comes up with yes or no. I have tried clicking both buttons. If you click yes the following message appears.

"InstallShield Wizard has finished uninstalling the Sims 3 .....(expansion pack name).

Do you want to restart you computer now?

-Yes, i want to restart my computer now

- no, i will restart it later"

after this i click restart my computer and you have to re install it.

if you click no it either says that the installation is complete even though you said to uninstall it or it will like delete the download and you have to download it again. 

It seems to only appear when download expansion packs. 

Basic Info of my Dell:

Windows edition: Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-4210u CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

Installed memory: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating system x64-based processor

This computer is a school computer (Im in grade 7)  but it hasn't been blocked before as i had to uninstall it so they can clean my computer.

Message 35 of 274 (756 Views)

@Smellielli09,

That's weird. When you download the game it actually tries to uninstall? Are you sure the game is not already installed?

Message 36 of 274 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

Its not because if i try and hit play it asks me to download, i thought that might be the case but im not sure. Any ideas

Message 37 of 274 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

Also with the MacBook Air question. If i had a big enough hard drive and installed it onto there would that work?

Message 38 of 274 (742 Views)

@Smellielli09,

No Frown The problem with your Mac is due to your graphics card, not you hard drive.

About the Dell, do you want to uninstall the game or play it?

Message 39 of 274 (738 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

Ok. Thanks.

I would like to play it because i cant play it on my mac.

Message 40 of 274 (733 Views)