[WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

by sholaophelia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [MAC] Black photos

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I downloaded the lastest patch, when I try to take a photo they turn up black. They were working fine before the lastest patch! I tried repairing the game, that didnt work. I don't have mods or anything.

Message 1 of 65 (6,474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - Black Photography issues

★★ Novice

Hi, I solved the problem for me. I uncheck the retina display option in the settings and now I can take photos again. But this problem have never happened before the lastest update, but I hope they will fix this problem with the retina display Standard smile

View in thread

Message 11 of 65 (5,185 Views)

All Replies

Re: Black photos

Hero
  • Are they black when you put them on the wall ? Or in your screenshotder ?
  • What's your operating system ?
  • Are existing photos affected too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 65 (6,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sholaophelia and a couple of additional questions:

• Were you taking the photos in a pre-existing save, or a new save that you created after the patch?  If you haven't tried a new save yet, please do so.
  • Which camera were you using?  Did you try the other cameras to see if there was any difference?
  • Could you try taking photos on a different lot, to see if that makes a difference?
  • What is your sim's photography skill level?
  • What are your graphics settings in the game?
  • Did you try updating your graphics drivers?

I know you already tried repairing, but it might also be worth it to clear your cache and then do one more repair.

Message 3 of 65 (6,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue – selfies taken with cell phone camera were black both in sim's inventory and displayed on a wall (they looked normal in screenshot capture manager and screenshots folder). This is a save I started today for testing purposes – so no mods and no cc. Sim was at level one photography skill, but on level 5 (cheated) and with the most expensive camera the issue persisted. I also tried it on different lots. I have everything on the highest settings, except for lighting (just high) and edge smoothing (low).

EDIT to say the game was repaired and caches cleared before starting the save.

Message 4 of 65 (6,401 Views)

Hero

What kind of graphics card do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 65 (6,384 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have AMD Radeon R9 M370X, which I think is not super compatible with TS4 - I'm not happy with fps, even on lower settings. But never had any problems with photos being black before.

Message 6 of 65 (6,380 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

All I can say is that I'm taking photos ok since the patch but I recalled on sims community someone said they had used paint by reference and were having black photos.  I haven't used paint by reference since the patch. Of course crinrict would know but I felt like there was some bug before ( and fixed before) that was similar. 

Message 7 of 65 (6,362 Views)

Hero

Yes, black Photos are nothing new but before it affected most people. 

Mine are fine.

Can anyone tell me if just new ones are affected or also existing ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (6,358 Views)

Sims 4 - Black Photography issues

★★ Novice

Hi, all my photos that my sims take turn out black Frown I have tried to reinstall the game, delete the ea files in documents. but they still turn out black Frown soo saad :'( is there something I can do? Standard smile

Message 9 of 65 (6,346 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Black Photography issues

Hero

Hi @Tvillinglyckan

are new ones also affected for you ?

I've merged your post with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 65 (6,342 Views)