Re: Unable to update on mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Can't install The Sims 4

@SimsplyObsessed 

Please run the Origin reset tool and see if that fixes the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 70 (1,514 Views)

Re: sims 4 won’t update

@matthewgperry

Great! Thanks for confirming it worked for you Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 11 of 70 (1,433 Views)

Game library not loading?

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys. I recently was having a ton of glitches so I uninstalled the Sims and Origin from my Mac to reinstall them. This usually works for me. However, when I reinstalled Origin, my game library is empty. Origin team said it’s because my iOS was older (this is an older Mac and I don’t think it gets updates anymore) and they’d fix it in the new patch, but my game library is still empty.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Any advice?

Message 12 of 70 (1,434 Views)

Re: Game library not loading?

@katieray729

Are you running Yosemite? Please read this solution and download and run the legacy Origin client - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/8...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 13 of 70 (1,422 Views)

Unable to update on mac

★★★ Newbie

My game is unable to update. I have tried everything in the books, even chatted with someone over EA Help. I have uninstalled reinstalled, repaired, cleared cache, restarted computer, unistalled the whole game and reinstalled it and still nothing but the error posted. Could someone please help me? 

Message 14 of 70 (1,456 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I followed the origin reset tool steps, reinstalled origin back on. All of the games in my library were wiped.

I tried to reinstall The Sims 4 again but now its asking me for a product code, where it was no where to be seen on my order confirmation email. I used the chat now service with EA Help, the person who helped me was very nice and resent me the code for my reference by email.

Once I had ended the chat though and went to use the code it's now popping up the message that "the code has already been redeemed"... therefore not letting me activate the game.

I went to go back to use the Chat Now service again but they're now closed

Thank you for your help but I don't know what else to do at this point...

Message 15 of 70 (1,486 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Also I don't understand why origin.com registers that I have the game but you still need to redeem the code onto origin client, why can't it just recognise that you have bought it without having to do this? It's really frustrating
Message 16 of 70 (1,485 Views)

@SimsplyObsessed

Are you definitely logged into Origin using the account you originally purchased the game through, or registered the code in? Is it possible you have another EA/Origin account? I used the searched in Origin for your user name, SimsplyObsessed, and can see you have Sims 4.

Which version of macOS are you running? There is currently an issue with Yosemite properly connecting in Origin - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/td-p/...

Also check the filters in your games library in the Origin client (top right corner in the window) and make sure you don't have only PC games selected.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 70 (1,472 Views)

Re: Unable to update on mac

@Jr3721

It is currently a known issue with Yosemite users, try the legacy client - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/8...

If you are running a later version of macOS please check your proxy settings - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 70 (1,434 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I only have the one account, the version of MacOS I'm using is OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
Message 19 of 70 (1,466 Views)