Re: The sims did not save

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The sims did not save

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 did not save for next time playing. I don't know why.

When I finished playing. I always select "Save and Exit" button but when I play The Sims again, everything just lost from the village. My lots or household which I built last time were kept in my gallery. So, I have to start everything new including Building Sims, Building House every time I entry the game! I try to reinstall but it does not work. What should i do? I don't want to start everything new every time I played.

Message 1 of 5 (434 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @tttookta,

Let's try to find out what's happening, ok?

As you are losing your save games every time you open the game do you have OneDrive (Windows) or iCloud (Mac) in your computer? They might be doing changes to The Sims 4 folder in Documents \ Electronic Arts.

In case you think that's not the issue, could you take a screenshot of the contents of your Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4 folder and share it with us?

Thanks,

Mai

Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I use Mac and where I can find that folder which you mentioned.

When I open the game, it always showed up like this (Picture) like it forced me to built new Sims.

Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @tttookta,

I moved your thread to The Sims Mac board then. Standard smile

Thanks for the screenshot. The Sims 4 folder is in the same location for Windows and Mac: Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4. There's usually a shortcut to Documents folder in your desktop, but if not, open Finder in your Mac. You should be able to find your Documents folder using Finder.

The Documents folder is also usually in Favorites:

finderMac

Let us know if you have any questions,

Mai

Message 4 of 5 (386 Views)

@tttookta

As @EA_Mai has already mentioned, your iCloud Drive settings seem to be moving your Documents folder contents to the cloud. Please see this post for more info and how to resolve it - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/5866...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (379 Views)