Re: The Sims 4 Frozen at Loading Screen!

by ellamaree8

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately that didnt work either Disappointed It still got stuck on the loading screen, so I tried just clicking the logo once, then the spinning wheel of doom came up and I had to switch screens out of the game and force quit it. It came up with Application Not Responding again if that means anything.

I appreciate all the help @Bluebellflora

Message 11 of 15 (642 Views)

@ellamaree8

Frown Could you please set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 15 (613 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I haven't actually done this yet but I went into my applications folder just to try opening the app again but this time bypassing Origin and just opening it direct, and theres a white circle with a diagonal line through it over the sims 4 application icon! When I try to open it, it says that "You can't open "The Sims 4" as it may be damaged or corrupted". It didn't initially do this when I first had this problem. Just letting you know in case this matters at all, I'll now try setting up a new user on my mac!

Message 13 of 15 (603 Views)

@ellamaree8

What did you last do before the Sims 4 app looked like that? Seems like the game is missing from the application. If you right click on the game in your Applications folder, select Show Package Contents then Contents > MacOS, is there anything in that folder?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 15 (589 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure, maybe it happened when I moved the sims 4 in that folder to the trash? There was no other file in there and now when I go into the folder it's empty

Message 15 of 15 (572 Views)