Re: The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs Downloaded but won't install

by hlb0403

Original Post

The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs Downloaded but won't install

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check with other users, try to download cats and dogs?
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant play cats and dogs in game
What do you expect to see? Cats and dogs in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The sims 4 cats and dogs says its completed in download library but isn't actually installed when i get into game

Message 1 of 4 (1,289 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @taazyappleton16,

Thanks for the detailed report. Standard smile Some players have been reporting a similar issue in this thread, and it would be good to know if it's the same. Would you mind answering a couple questions more?:

Do you know if Origin is still showing the option to Download the game?

Also, are you able to save the game?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. It says installed in Origin...

Message 3 of 4 (1,112 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @hlb0403,

Welcome to the forums! Let's try to find out where those little cats and dogs are hiding Wink

Please, use the Origin reset tool available here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

After doing so, does Origin still say the game is installed? If not, please try to install it again.

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (1,084 Views)