Re: The Sims 3 Ambitions won't install [Mac]

by elizabeth1659

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Ambitions won't install [Mac]

★ Novice

I keep trying to install The Sims 3 Ambitions onto my Mac using Origin but the icon never appears in the applications folder. I keep uninstalling Ambitions using the uninstaller and then reinstalling it again but the icon hasn't appeared once. Do I need to uninstall all my other expansion packs and reinstall them in the order they were released or is there another way around this? 

Also if I uninstall my expansion packs do I have uninstall my base game too because I assume that I'm going to lose my gameplay if I do that?

Message 1 of 12 (7,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Thanks for that information @elizabeth1659. Could you try to follow the instructions in the post marked as solution in this thread?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (8,223 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @elizabeth1659,

Let's try to find out which is the issue. First of all: is Ambitions showing as installed in the game launcher? If you try to open the game, what happens?

You can copy the folder The Sims 3 that you will find inside Documents > Electronic Arts to a safe location. That folder contains your save games, and you can create a copy as a backup. If you want to uninstall the game, and you have a copy of that folder, your save games will be safe. Once reinstalled, if The Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts has been deleted, you can restore it with your backup Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 12 (7,153 Views)

★ Novice

Well when I install Ambitions and try to open the game launcher it will say there's an error and it can't be opened. Then I run the uninstaller and ambitions is in the list so I uninstall it and when I open the game launcher it's fine and the game will run. This happens every time I try to install Ambitions.

And I'll make a back up of my game now, thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 12 (7,140 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for that information @elizabeth1659. Could you try to follow the instructions in the post marked as solution in this thread?

-Mai

Message 4 of 12 (8,224 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I did it and it works now thank you Large smile

Message 5 of 12 (7,122 Views)

EA app Team

That's great @elizabeth1659! Enjoy being a ghost hunter, inventor or exploring any of the other new professions! Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (7,113 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Origin says the pack is installed, but it doesn't appear in the Sims 3 folder. When I tried to uninstall the pack through the Uninstaller neither my Pets pack or my Ambitions pack showed up. I ended up having to delete the whole Sims 3 game from my computer and reinstalling it. I want to play Ambitions though, as it's my favorite pack, and I paid for it. What would you recommend trying?

Message 7 of 12 (6,118 Views)

@smartindale15

You need to follow the instructions in the link @EA_Mai provided. Here it is again - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 12 (6,107 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I've already tried this and it didn't work. I actually found your blog and have been trying a couple of things off there. I just went in and a made sure all of the Sims 3 and translating files were deleted. My game was working fine two days ago, so I'm just really confused as to what happened. 

Message 9 of 12 (6,104 Views)

@smartindale15

If you don't have Ambitions currently installed then reinstall it.

Next, you need to follow the instructions to get Ambitions to show up in the Launcher (forget Origin, you don't need it to actually play, only download) - https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Then you need to apply corey_0414's fix here to add the relevant files into the game folders - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

If your game is in a muddle then probably best to cleanly uninstall and reinstall the base game before attempting Ambitions.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 12 (6,098 Views)