Re: Tech

by Antonioscipione

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tech

★ Novice

I’ve changed the ID apple on my Mac and when I opened the sims 4 all my houses and building that I built and downloaded were replaced by others and all the game is zoomed. Can I fix it?

image.jpg
Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Antonioscipione  Your existing game folder—the one with your saves and other content—was probably uploaded to your iCloud account, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder.  The game couldn't find its folder in cloud storage, so it made a new one.  You can just look in your iCloud drive for your TS4 folder, and then pull it out and put it back where it belongs, in Documents\Electronic Arts.  (Be sure to remove the new game folder first.)  Then be sure to disable iCloud or change its preferences to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Here's a visual for reference:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Since you changed the Apple account linked to your computer, your TS4 game folder might be in the iCloud drive associated with your old account.  So you can look there if you don't find your game folder in the iCloud drive for your new account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (394 Views)

All Replies

@Antonioscipione  Your existing game folder—the one with your saves and other content—was probably uploaded to your iCloud account, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder.  The game couldn't find its folder in cloud storage, so it made a new one.  You can just look in your iCloud drive for your TS4 folder, and then pull it out and put it back where it belongs, in Documents\Electronic Arts.  (Be sure to remove the new game folder first.)  Then be sure to disable iCloud or change its preferences to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Here's a visual for reference:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Since you changed the Apple account linked to your computer, your TS4 game folder might be in the iCloud drive associated with your old account.  So you can look there if you don't find your game folder in the iCloud drive for your new account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you very helpful
Message 3 of 3 (309 Views)