Re: TS4 stuck on first title loading screen

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TS4 stuck on first title loading screen

★★★ Novice

Okay so I was in game and I loaded into a household and it was acting slow and weird so I force quit out and tried to load back up and since then it will not move past the first title loading screen. 

I do have CC, but I haven't downloaded anything new. I've tried restarting the game, Origin, and my computer. I've removed the mods folder, tried to play offline, and I don't know what else to do. It's extremely frustrating and it seemed to be out of no where! 

Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (604 Views)

Accepted Solution

@savannahtaylor44

Move the Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbnailcache.package file, repair the game and then load it and see how it plays before adding the Mods folder back in.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)

All Replies

@savannahtaylor44

Move the Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbnailcache.package file, repair the game and then load it and see how it plays before adding the Mods folder back in.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 5 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora it worked!! it was weird because i put my mods folder back in and it wouldn't open, so i went through trying to find the broken cc. i just kept adding folders slowly back in, it kept opening. i got down to my last folder, put it back in, and it still opened. I don't exactly know what happened. but it seems to be working okay now! thank you so much!!

the only weird thing now is whenever my sim goes to cook, the plates look red and blue. and when they go to eat, the plate completely disappears but they're still eating it. and i'm VERY afraid to exit out of game because i don't want it to be weird and not open again

Message 3 of 5 (567 Views)

@savannahtaylor44

It was most likely the localthumbnailcache.package file. If it happens again just trash it and hopefully that will fix it Standard smile

Looks like you have an outdated override replacement mod/CC which may be causing the plate issue

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 5 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thank you so much for your help!!

Message 5 of 5 (545 Views)