Re: Sims4 opens but it's not working

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims4 opens but it's not working

★★ Novice

Im using MAC and I've recently bought sims4. I added it to my library and tried to play but even though it shows to be open nothing appears, just a little white window that disappears after less than 2 seconds. then, the little icon appears on the dock but that's all.

I've tried updating and repairing it but nothing seems to work for me

Message 1 of 7 (393 Views)

★★ Pro

@plasticdrvill 

Have you had a look at Bluebellflora's Mac Help post?

Sims 4 - Mac Help, Guides and Troubleshooting - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

It has some great troubleshooting tips for Mac users.

I have requested this thread be moved to the AHQ Sims Mac Forum for better help from fellow Mac users. Link below:

AHQ Sims Mac Forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Message 2 of 7 (386 Views)

★★ Novice
@172e3cda00349872 none of that worked
Message 3 of 7 (375 Views)

★★ Pro

@plasticdrvill 

I'm sorry none of the tips helped, I am not familiar with Mac computers. This is why I suggested your thread be moved to the AHQ Sims Mac Forum for better help.

If you want quicker help, you might try reposting your issue using the link below, giving details of what you've already tried.

AHQ Sims Mac Forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Message 4 of 7 (372 Views)

Champion

@plasticdrvill , do you use any Mods or CC? If you do, you need to check the websites, blogs, etc. where you downloaded the Mods to insure that they were updated to work with the latest patch which just posted on Tuesday February 5th. Because many mods affect the gameplay, any time EA/Maxis updates code to fix problems/bugs, the Mods either become obsolete or must be updated to work with the new code. 

So first suggestion is to move your Sims 4 folder (found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games, CC and Mods are stored. Next start Sims 4 to allow for a new Sims 4 folder to generate and to see if the game starts up properly. Remember that none of your Mods, CC or saved games will be present at this time. Start a new game and play for about an hour or so to insure that no other problems occur. You can either save the game or simply quit if all appears normal. You can safely move your saved games into your new Sims 4 folder at this time.

If the game starts and runs fine, then it is definitely one of your Mods that is out of date. As I mentioned earlier, you will need to check the sites you downloaded the mods from and read to see if the Mods needed to be updated to work with the latest patch. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (347 Views)

★★ Novice

I can’t even run it, i don’t have any mods or CC 

Message 6 of 7 (341 Views)

Champion

@plasticdrvill , still try moving the Sims 4 to your Desktop. Something could have become corrupted and moving the folder allows for a new one to regenerate.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (338 Views)