Re: Sims4 on origin keeps restarting my mac as soon as I click the play button.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims4 on origin keeps restarting my mac as soon as I click the play button.

★★★ Newbie

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin (even going through and deleting all the mention Origin the folders in library, like a different forum suggested) and I un/reinstalled sims 4 as well. Before I was having issues, I played it a couple times, have pets and vampires, had custom content, but ended up deleted my mods and all my games to try and get it to work.... This is so frustrating, please help! 

Message 1 of 4 (543 Views)

@666alissa

Your Mac restarts every time you try to run Sims 4? Does Origin open ok or does it Also cause your Mac to restart when you open it?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin will open and I can browse on it and everything. Sims will load up until it gets to the create a game/start a new game screen then my my mac will go black... I had CC, but I deleted it to try and get it to work again. Heres my mac info, thanks @Bluebellflora, and thanks for the easy instructions. :-)

Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

@666alissa

It may be that your Mac is starting to struggle with running the game. What add on packs do you have installed? Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file then try launching the game again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (481 Views)