Re: Sims no download option (mac)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims no download option (mac)

★ Apprentice

Hey guys! 

Having a slight problem, I recently purchsed the Sims 4 on my PC at home and I was able to download and play it just fine. I was running Windows 10.

I am now trying to download at my Girlfriends house so I can play it on her Mac laptop the only problem is there is no download option

I have tried everything. changing the download location, freeing up excess space, reinstalling Origin, removing and re-adding sims 4 to my games library but to no avail...

EA Tech support did not help, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (741 Views)

★★ Pro

@cdabner

Have you had a look at Bluebellflora's Mac Help post?

Sims 4 - Mac Help, Guides and Troubleshooting
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

It has some great troubleshooting tips for Mac users. If none of that helps, please post back.

I have requested this thread be moved to the AHQ Sims Mac Forum for better help from fellow Mac users.

Message 2 of 5 (730 Views)

★ Apprentice

There was nothing to help my current problem.

Message 3 of 5 (725 Views)

Hero

Hi @cdabner

moved your post to the mac forum for better help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)

@cdabner  Pleae keep in mind that if you own TS4 through Origin Access, it won't be available to download on any mac.  Access is Windows-only, and so the games you purchase through it, even if they have mac versions as well.

If you don't have Access, you can try running the Origin reset tool for macs.  Unless you cleared the hidden library files after uninstalling, they'd still be present and could be interfering with your attempts to install.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If this doesn't help, please post the specs of the computer that won't download TS4, as well as the amount of free storage.  You can find the specs by clicking the Apple logo in the upper left corner; the free storage will be under the "storage" tab.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (701 Views)