by Georgiapeach8

Original Post

Sims look greyed out in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, vampires and parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In addition to the weird line talked about here, in my game, when you go into the gallery the sims looked like they are greyed out (neutral/dull colors)
What happens when the bug occurs? The greying out happens until you go into CAS
What do you expect to see? Normally, the sims would have the vibrant normal colors that are usually In the same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?I downloaded Cats and Dogs and Get Famous around the same time it appeared Image 1 Image 2

Message 1 of 4 (637 Views)

Re: Sims cast weird shadows

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Georgiapeach8

I moved your post to the mac forum for now. This doesn't look related to the bug you've posted in.

Have you tested this without custom content ?

Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (626 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This issue does seem to happen without cc.

My mac's specs are

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 

1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Message 3 of 4 (615 Views)

Champion

@Georgiapeach8, have you updated your game to the latest patch? Just wondering if you have as you did not state if you had.

Did you try to move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and not just the CC/Mods folders? If you have not, please do so and do not delete the folder as this is where your saved games are stored. Next start up the game allowing it to generate a new Sims 4 and remember that none of your CC, Mods or saved games will be present. Start a new game and play for about an hour to see if any additional problems are present. 

Please report back to see if the colors in CAS are still "grayed" out. If they are, it could be a mod or piece of CC that is causing the issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (605 Views)