Sims 4 won't start at all anymore (MacOS)

by artisticmelomane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't start at all anymore (MacOS)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

For context here, I'm running Sims 4 on MacOS Mojave, version 10.14.3. I haven't had any problems with the Sims 4 up until now.

I recently attempted to install some custom content via the mods folder, something I've been perfectly able to do in the past. I opened up the Sims 4 to check the box to allow mods, and everything was going fine, until I tried to restart the Sims, so that the enable mods option would be active.

Now the Sims 4 won't start at all. When I click play, the Sims 4 icon shows up in the dock and bounces for a few seconds. Then, the screen goes black as if the game were loading. The screen stays black for several seconds, and then the black screen disappears (showing my desktop again) and the app gives me a rainbow wheel of death and i have to force quit. My copy of the Sims 4 is up to date (version 1.50.67.1220)

Things I have already tried in an attempt to fix this issue:

1. Removing the mods folder from the Sims 4 folder
  2. Removing the saves folder from the Sims 4 folder
  3. Removing the entire Sims 4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder altogether
  4. Restarting my computer (attempted between each of my other attempts at fixing)
  5. Right clicking the game in Origin and clicking repair (attempted twice)
  6. Uninstalling the Sims 4 and reinstalling (attempted three times)
  7. Uninstalling the Sims 4 && removing the entire Sims 4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder, then reinstalling
  8. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client

I'm at a bit of a loss here. It feels like I've attempted everything there is to attempt to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions I haven't tried, please let me know.

Message 1 of 2 (566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't start at all anymore (MacOS)

★★★ Newbie

Good news, I've fixed it.

I would delete this thread, but in the off chance anyone else is dealing with this issue, the solution that fixed it for me was downloading the Origin reset tool and running that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 won't start at all anymore (MacOS)

★★★ Newbie

Good news, I've fixed it.

I would delete this thread, but in the off chance anyone else is dealing with this issue, the solution that fixed it for me was downloading the Origin reset tool and running that.

Message 2 of 2 (530 Views)