Re: Sims 4 won't open since the last update

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open since the last update

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I just recently updated my game to the newest update on my mac air 

and I found that every time I try to open sims, it opens to a black screen for about 3 seconds, 

then closes out of the screen and the rainbow spinning wheel of death (aka; the mac loading cursor) appears for hours on end. 

I've tried everything from restarting my laptop, updating my laptop, repairing the game, to even removing my entire mods folder completely out of Sims 4. 

Anyone have a solution;-; 

(PS I meet all of the system requirements) 

Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a mac issue.

@Genesiseunhye Your posting will be moved to the Sims for Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

@Genesiseunhye  You can also disable Origin in-game, as this seems to fix a lot of TS4 for mac problems.  If this doesn't help, try dragging your entire TS4 folder out of Documents (not just mods, but the whole thing).  If you can load the game and play a new save for a bit, you can move your existing saves and other content into your new folder from your old one, a bit at a time.  Keep checking to make sure your game still loads; if it doesn't, you'll know that whatever you added to the new folder is corrupt.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)